Just bought a 331 boys

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
My cobra is FINALLY getting what she deserves. Just bought a built 331 tonight and should have it by the end of the week. This thing is going to kick some ass. Its blower ready, and thats what is in the very near future. I'm also thinking about spraying it, but first ill focus on the blower. Hope to have it early summer. Its a Motorcraft Sportsman shortblock with all the best parts. Im so happy right now. :) :burnout:

Last edited:

blk96SVT

Established Member
Hurry up and get that blower on it before MSC. What S/C are you puttting on it, was it a KB? I can't remember if you said or not

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by blk96SVT
Hurry up and get that blower on it before MSC. What S/C are you puttting on it, was it a KB? I can't remember if you said or not

Yup. KB Blowzilla/Flowzilla. It really depends on how much money i'll have. I'm hoping to get a grand for my cobra engine. Jim Bell said he'd give me a discount too, which helps a lot. :)

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Wildpony
What heads intake do you have on the 331?

AFR 185's and a ported GT-40 off an explorer.

I would turbo it, but i cant get a deal on one and they are mighty expensive. Maybe later down the road...

As for now, all my money needs to go into the accessories and then ALL suspension and rear end parts. I just hope i dont blow my rear before i can afford to get a built one.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
I would get a fms or eaton, they can be rebuilt for pocket change.

A turbo isn't any more expensive than a supercharger for a 5.0 (i don't think) not that much more expensive anyway.

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Doug
I would get a fms or eaton, they can be rebuilt for pocket change.

A turbo isn't any more expensive than a supercharger for a 5.0 (i don't think) not that much more expensive anyway.

I dont have any money left for a rebuild. Ive been told i am getting the supercharger cheap...for much less than it retails.

Hey Doug, i may put on a 50 shot. You know how to hide the bottle in the dash?

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
why would you want to hide the bottle? I usually run around with the bottle in the front seat strapped in to keep it safe ;)

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Originally posted by Scream'nCobra
Hey Doug, i may put on a 50 shot. You know how to hide the bottle in the dash?

I doubt you'd want to do this, but you could remove the passanger side air-bag and hide it behind that area above the glove compartment. You would think a tiny bottle would be able to fit in there...:shrug:

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Tabres
I doubt you'd want to do this, but you could remove the passanger side air-bag and hide it behind that area above the glove compartment. You would think a tiny bottle would be able to fit in there...:shrug:

Thats what i was planning on doing, but i didnt know i had to take out the airbag. On Scandalous Racing's website they show a vette who's spray is hidden. Its badass. I dont want people to know im running NOS, id rather have them just know i have a blown 331, and then when im losing ill spray on them and THEN they will know, thus spreading the word. I will not deny it, but ill tell them to prove it.

Users who are viewing this thread