just bought a kb2.6

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
i just bought a new :bowdown:kb2.6, injectors, fuels pumps, and a sbtb:banana::banana::pepper:. i already have the sct2400 maf and the tuner from the first modding. i went and talked to patrick today and he said to be safe about making 470. i was thinking about pushing it a bit closer to 500 the reasoning for buying the 2.6 and not the 2.3 kb. so i really just wanted to know what you guys thought.

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
o i know he knows he did all the work on the truck the first time. i just know there are a lot of guys chad and scott who have made over 500 from pat, except they had the 2.3 whipple and not the kb. all on stock block

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
A 2.3 and a 2.6 would be very similar in power at the range you're trying to reach, the 2.6 shines better when pushed harder. Just thought you should know.

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
A 2.3 and a 2.6 would be very similar in power at the range you're trying to reach, the 2.6 shines better when pushed harder. Just thought you should know.

are you talking about thw 2.3 kb and 2.6 or the whipple and the 2.6...i boguht the black model to match the black truck so it should look really good under the hood

FordFanStan

Established Member
The KB 2.6 is a nice blower, but it produces alot of heat. not to mention now they have the boost bypass upgrade which only add issues. With the KB 2.6 I would recommend the same as Pat told you, keep it at the 475rwhp range or lower IMO. That is plenty for a DD to have fun with. Then if you want, get a race tune that has more power, but use a high octane and have Pat tune it conseratively obviously. I personally would keep the boost down to about 16# or less on the street tune and only about 18# on the race tune with a stock block. FFS

cthunder

Established Member
the numbers below are with a built engine, stage 2 heads and stage 3 cams on 15 psi. I'd keep it around 12 psi to be well below 500 whp.

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
keeping it loser than 12# would even be worth doing it your boost is so low because of your heads and cams. if i had to guess you probably have headers and all of those will lower your boost. so like fordfanstan said around 16# for street and 18# for race is probably what we will do.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Nice new found power you got. I had pat tune my 2.3 with all the stuff. Made the numbers in my sig. with 17psi and pump gas. Pat can get you good power from a dyno tune no doubt. I love the way my truck drives after he tuned it. If he says he can get you that power and be safe, let him work his magic. You won't be disappointed.

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
thanks tyson, yeah im so ready to get her on and tuned...yeah i know he will do it right and make it safe. He did a great job the first time on the few mods i had. ill hopefully be able to make it when he tunes the truck if i can get off work and get a vid posted

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member
Congrats on the buy and 470 will be fun to have! Pat has been great to the SS THiS. I wouldn't go any where else!

countrysquire

Search then Ask
Established Member
Oh man, you can get ever bit 23# on stock block. That thing will scream. Go try it while I get you the number for JDM lol. I think we can all agree that 30whp is not worth taking a big risk. As if 470rwhp is not a lot...

I can't wait to see all this stuff when it comes in! FOR YOU GUYS WHO HAVE DONE IT, how hard of a job is it to swap the heaton off for the 2.6? Thinking about it, it really does not seem very hard, just a little time consuming and big money saving. Just wondering what the guys who have done it thought. Would you do it again?

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
I would to be on the safe side. Would hate to see another Lightning totaled out due to the throttle getting stuck at WOT. If the kit you got is Brand new, it should say in the instructions on were exactly to cut.

Users who are viewing this thread