Just bought an '04 Silver Coupe

OnceBitten

Established Member
Picked it up yesterday. Only 3046 miles on the clock.

I'm a little new to the "Terminator" cars. I don't know a whole lot about them, but I understand they've got a ton of potential.

The car already has a Reichard Racing upper pulley (not sure what size and what boost level, but it pegs the needle at WOT), some sort of catback which I like the sound of a lot, but it's got cheap clamp-on tips on the tailpipes, and an offroad x-pipe.

I figure the first mod will be AFS 10.5" Chrome rears to match the factory ones with 315/35/17 BFG Drag Radials.

What should I be looking at next? I'm not ready to step up to a ported Eaton or a Whipple yet, but I'd like to do all the cheap and/or free mods first. I've read a bit about plugs, but I'm not sure they'd really make all that much difference. Basically, I'm just saying hello since I'm a newbie (again) and want to get some opinions on what steps I should plan to take next.

Thanks

Jeff

jedeyeben

Established Member
You can fit 315 Nittos on the factory rims. They run a little bit smaller than other brands and will work with a 9inch rim. FYI

OnceBitten

Established Member
I think it's got a chip, but I'm not sure. I'll have a detailed list of all the mods Saturday.

I paid too much for it, but have had a hard time finding one with such low milage and in such good condition. I paid just a hare over 30k for it.

I ran 315 Nittos on 17x9 Cobra R's when I had my 97 Cobra. They "fit" but they didn't really fit. Until you aired them down to 15# or so, the contact patch wasn't as wide as it should have been.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome so far.

Jeff

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
BANDIT HPT said:
I'd find out if the car has a flash tune or a chip for the pulley thats on it.
^ What he said.

Did you know the previous owner or do you know anything about this car's history? If not, here's the first 2 things I would do (in this order)...

1.Take the VIN to a Ford dealer ASAP. Have them run the VIN through "OASIS" and make sure the warranty is still intact. If you don't follow item #2 below, you might need warranty work sooner than you think ;-)

2. If you don't know what kind on tune this thing has, I'd take it easy on the boost until you can verify you have a safe tune.

Users who are viewing this thread