Just Bought an 05 R6

smokincobra04

Established Member
Well bought a brand new 05 R6, picking it up next week sometime. Just wondering if there are anything i need to know about it ect? any Mods ? Ect. Thanks

smokincobra04

Established Member
the black 05 with the Red around the rim is the limited editon because of the color only 100 bucks more but i wanted the blue so thats what i got. Going to get it sometime next week cant wait!

blownsvt

Established Member
the black 05 with the Red around the rim is the limited editon because of the color only 100 bucks more but i wanted the blue so thats what i got. Going to get it sometime next week cant wait!

power commander, gyt-r exhaust and gear....a friend of mine can pull up a stand up at 90mph on his.

darkpony02

What flashing lights?
Established Member
Good choice, I'd do the 520 conversion (gear and chain). Upgrade to braided steel brake lines(big difference), you get better braking with no flex. High pipe it.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
Ride it before you mod it.

If I were to do anything, it would be Goodridge Brakelines. Get -2s(dash 2s), -3 will be too small for you. Also a steering damper. I like Hyperpro. Get the active one.

For the motor, leave it alone, for a while.

WantLightning

Sleep Now in the Fire
Established Member
philip said:
sweet bike!!! what color did you get? I want to get either the black or the blue one (to match my truck)

NO DAMNIT NOT BLACK!! :cuss:

I SAW IT FIRST. :cuss:

ASSHOLE. :cuss:

I
inlove5dy.gif
you baby

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
Sweet dude..I like the Black and Blue R6 too..best colors imo. I have an 04 Black Gsxr600..fun machines..be safe.

Brian97vobra

Established Member
Sweet!!! I bought a new '04 blue R6 last year. Then i saw the new R1 in black with the red pinstripe wheels this year during bike week and DAMN!!!! :bowdown: I dunno which color i like better now...

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
im thinking about either getting an R6 or a GSX-R600...havent made my mind yet. I think i might get a 4wheeler first and wait till the trucks paid off.

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
Nice-I just picked up a Liquid Silver 03 R6. The first thing I would do if its your first bike (which it sounds like it is) is buy some frame sliders if you do. Then do some appearance mods like an undertail and some flushmounts and a slip on muffler. Let yourself get used to the bike and then do a Scott's Steering dampener. Don't do the gear/sprocket mod until you've put a couple grand on the bike. You be surpised at how fast it is stock/with a pipe. Don't be in any hurry to pull the wheel up, either-its more fun and rewarding to drag your knees!!!!!

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Friggin sweet...Haven't had a bike in years...Sure have been eye ballin the new Triumph Speed Triple...Bike looks friggin awesome...

1000HP+

Established Member
Actually I should have asked this first ... how long have you been riding.

Put any extra money into yourself first,

get some adequate riding gear, gloves, helemt, boots, jacket or full leathers.

put some money into a good motorcycle course.

Users who are viewing this thread