just bought repro 93 cobra rims for my cobra

juicedmustang

Established Member
i haven't put them on yet, just got them yesterday at the colombus swap meet from cj pony parts, i have a feeling they are going to stick out in the front, the rear might be ok. i'll have to wait and see. they are 17x8.5 with a 26mm offset. please let me know if anyone else has these rims on there cobra. if these work i will have my original rims for sell if anyone is interested, they are in mint condition.

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
You might have to change the front rotors to stock GT/LX 5.0 rotors. Not a big deal really. Richard (93Cobra2771), myself, and several others here too have been trying to get pics of them on a Cobra. So when you put them on. Post up! :D

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
Here's my Cobra with either +24 or +26mm 03 cobra replicas, I also have GT/LX rotors in front. My rear quarters are rolled and I'm running 275/40 out back. I to am planning on getting either the polished or chrome 93 replicas, lol.

MY%20COBRA%208%7E0.jpg

MY%20COBRA%204.jpg

Last edited:

rel3rd

Part Timer
Established Member
juicedmustang said:
i haven't put them on yet, just got them yesterday at the colombus swap meet from cj pony parts, i have a feeling they are going to stick out in the front, the rear might be ok. i'll have to wait and see. they are 17x8.5 with a 26mm offset. please let me know if anyone else has these rims on there cobra. if these work i will have my original rims for sell if anyone is interested, they are in mint condition.

Depending on tire size, you may be OK in the rear, but I'll guarantee the fronts stick out unless you swap to GT rotors. I'm very happy with the finish and quality of these wheels. Here is a few quick pics of those exact sized rims on my 89 GT Vert. 275/40 Nittos on the back and 255/40 Nankangs on the front...Hope this helps...

site1199.jpg

site1200.jpg

site1195.jpg

Last edited:

juicedmustang

Established Member
do your tires stick out past the fenders? or are they just inside the fenders? that cobra looks sweet, i almost bought those rims. as soon as i get my car put together i'll post some pics.

rel3rd

Part Timer
Established Member
Speedfreek said:
What did they cost from CJ? I'm gonna try and pick up a set this weekend at the Auto Fair from them for a coupe I have.

Just for comparison sake, I paid $579 shipped to my door for the polished versions buying them directly from WheelReplicas.com

rel3rd

Part Timer
Established Member
93Cobra2771 said:
Subscribing and waiting on someone to fit them to their cobra and have a crapload of pix... :D

Richard, as you know, I made the offer to test fit mine on anyone's real Cobra that was local to me...the one person who volunteered PM'ed me this evening and evidently thought that a 1 hour drive was too far.... :shrug:

Unfortunately, it won't be me offering my wheels for pics any longer...sorry.

whistlin93SVT

Titty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I am still planning on meeting up with John & Renee to do a test fit on my 93 cobra. My car is still in the damn paint shop. I dont know any body shop that keeps their word on when their work will be done.

Also, what all is involved with rolling the fender lip? How does it look close up?

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
93Cobra2771 said:
Subscribing and waiting on someone to fit them to their cobra and have a crapload of pix... :D

Same here.

Man those polished versions look pretty tempting

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
whistlin93SVT said:
Also, what all is involved with rolling the fender lip? How does it look close up?

You can tell no difference when viewing from the outside, unless you crack the paint when doing it.

I've seen it successfully done with a wood ball bat wedged between the fender and the tire. Basically, you "roll" the bat from side to side, bending the metal up from it's normally flat position. You can gain prob an inch of clearance going this route.

However, YOU CAN crack paint if you are not careful. I've heard some people heat the area in question with a hair dryer, and also make scoring marks with a razor blace to try and contain any possible cracking.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
whistlin93SVT said:
I am still planning on meeting up with John & Renee to do a test fit on my 93 cobra. My car is still in the damn paint shop. I dont know any body shop that keeps their word on when their work will be done.
As long as it is quality work, I wouldn't rush them - too much anyway. :D

juicedmustang

Established Member
i'm going to take my chances and get my tires this week and see how they fit, i think they should look ok, i guess we'll see, i'll keep you guys posted and i'll get some pics. :rockon:

9T3SVT

Established Member
Here is a Link to some dudes rolling the fenders on a Mazda LINKY seems like having the rolling tool would be a huge plus :-D The wheels look great by the way

juicedmustang

Established Member
rollem my fender lips a couple of weeks ago before i got it painted. i'v done it 2 ways on my gt i cut the inside of the fender lips with a die grinder makes it real smooth, the only down fall to that is it seperates the the sheet metal from where it was molded together and it can rust, you can tack it back together w/ a mig, i would only do this if you are going to get it repainted. on my cobra i made relief cuts before i rolled them made it much easier. :beer:

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
What is involved in the Cobra to GT front rotors swap? What would I have to buy in order to fit those wheels without them sticking to far out? Im thinking of doing the replica wheel swap myself

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Front - You simply buy 5.0 spec rotors, and put them on. It's that easy in the front.

Rear - You can get 5.0 spec axles, and the www.northracecars.com caliper relocation brackets, and you would then have 5.0 offset in the rear. Or, you can mill the back surface of the repr. wheel a little bit and redrill your lug holes.

Users who are viewing this thread