Just brought my project for the winter in

mustangglx

Established Member
Well i just brought my foxbody project car in for the winter its gonna be a long winter and a lot of work, but if all goes to plan it should emerge come springtime a whole new car, I'm excited to get started. Ill have pictures up of it a little later, I need to get batteries for my camera.

**edit pictures**
i know they suck but i never was much of a photographer

dscn0895da9.jpg

dscn0904dg6.jpg

dscn0889kz4.jpg

dscn0892oq9.jpg

dscn0893zu5.jpg

dscn0891nd0.jpg

Last edited:

boosted306

Established Member
I would like to see some more pics. I have a project that is similar. I just put a new motor in. It is fixing to come out just as soon as my garage is finished. I am going to strip the motor back out , the wiring harness , tranny , and all other engine components. When I get that far I am going to take the hood and fenders off , fill in the holes in the engine bay. I am going to repaint the engine bay and then clean up the motor and drop everything back in. Hopefully with the addition of some boost.

mustangglx

Established Member
A little of everything actually.. I'm already in the process of building a 347 for it, I'm hoping for somewhere near 400hp at the wheels, might be a bit of a stretch I'm not exactly sure what to expect out of my set up Ive heard a lot of different things. I'm also looking at a couple different options for a transmission, and rear end, I'm thinking about using the cobra r spec tremec hd 5 speed and building the 8.8 up. Suspension wise i really havnt decided on that, to many choices, but its definatly gotta be lowered. At the very least the cars going to get a fresh black paintjob, maybe a new hood, my friend thinks i should do the 93 cobra conversion, i like the way the cars look, but im not sure i want to go that root, im sure ill get a lot of flack from all the cobra clone haters, dont think its worth it. I've got everything for the motor already, and some of the rest.

heres the specs on the motor:

ford racing sportsman 302 block
CHP 347 streetfighter kit
total seal piston rings
clevite 77 triarmor coated bearings
trickflow cnc twisted wedge heads
trickflow stage 2 cam
trickflow 1.6 roller rockers
Trickflow double roller timing chain
canton racing 7qt oil pan
canton racing main support girdle w/ windage tray
melling high volume oil pump
valley girdle pro lifter valley girdle
BBK SSII intake manifold with high flow fuel rails and 75mm throttle body
30lb/hr injectors
granatelli motorsports MAF
edlebrock 190lph intank fuel pump
heddman long tube headers ceramic coated
bbk 2.5inch offroad H pipe
dynomax race bullet muffles w/ lx tail pipes

Im pretty sure ive gotten it all there, Ive also deleted the A/C, and the Smog pump. hope i didn't forget anything. like i said its gonna be a busy winter

Users who are viewing this thread