Just Called SVT....

ANIVNM

Established Member
I just got off the phone with Quentin at SVT. Currently they HAVE NOT started production. He advised that once they do the dealers should be able to place orders/take deposits. I already tried to put a deposit down at my local SVT dealer and they could not take it. Quentin advised that we should be able to place orders Jan-Mar of next year and they plan to have them delivered by Q4 of 2006. The dealers will not know in advance how many units they will be getting, nor will they be able to purchase extra units until all of the SVT dealers have their quota in stock. Production will run anywhere from 7000-9000 units.

immortalstang

Established Member
ANIVNM said:
Production will run anywhere from 7000-9000 units.
:eek:

That sure is a lot of GT500s running around. Just like our terminators. I think I better start on some basic filter and exhaust mods.

putawaywet

Established Member
ANIVNM said:
The dealers will not know in advance how many units they will be getting, nor will they be able to purchase extra units until all of the SVT dealers have their quota in stock.

That sure shoots a hole in the foot of those dealers that are already telling people that their allocation is going to be only 1 or 2 cars and that they already have like 10 people on a waiting list.

lzr_red_cobra

Established Member
ANIVNM said:
I just got off the phone with Quentin at SVT. Currently they HAVE NOT started production. He advised that once they do the dealers should be able to place orders/take deposits. I already tried to put a deposit down at my local SVT dealer and they could not take it. Quentin advised that we should be able to place orders Jan-Mar of next year and they plan to have them delivered by Q4 of 2006. The dealers will not know in advance how many units they will be getting, nor will they be able to purchase extra units until all of the SVT dealers have their quota in stock. Production will run anywhere from 7000-9000 units.

7000-9000...excellent

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
immortalstang said:
:eek:

That sure is a lot of GT500s running around. Just like our terminators. I think I better start on some basic filter and exhaust mods.

if im not mistaken , isnt that about how many terminators they produced each year.
I know they uped the 03-04 about double over the 99-01's
i think cause the camaro left so they produced more of the cobras thinking they would ger more action.
J

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I hope the 9000 is right, I want one, but I don't have 50k. 36k sounds good.

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
no_slow_svt said:
if im not mistaken , isnt that about how many terminators they produced each year.
I know they uped the 03-04 about double over the 99-01's
i think cause the camaro left so they produced more of the cobras thinking they would ger more action.
J

No, I think that there was an absurd amount of 03's made... like 12-13k. That's why they have lost thier azz in value. The 04's are far more limited though.

COBRA CRUIZER

Established Member
I spoke to the SVT team yesterday. He stated the production #s were going to be 6-9000 units. It would also be 14 months before production started. There would be no specifics until after the 1st of the year. ( allocation,horsepower or internal engine block components)

ANIVNM

Established Member
COBRA CRUIZER said:
I spoke to the SVT team yesterday. He stated the production #s were going to be 6-9000 units. It would also be 14 months before production started. There would be no specifics until after the 1st of the year. ( allocation,horsepower or internal engine block components)

As I was advised also...

ANIVNM

Established Member
2L8IWON said:
No, I think that there was an absurd amount of 03's made... like 12-13k. That's why they have lost thier azz in value. The 04's are far more limited though.

Your right, they over produced the 03's bigtime...and the 04 models were around 6000 units I believe, maybe less, I checked when I bought my 04, but I forgot the actual number. It was way less than the 10-14000 03's produced. SVT confirmed this for me at the time I purchased the 04.

Squeeler92

The more the better! Hopefully by mid-2008 the craze calms down and there are plenty left on lots for me to pick up :D Eh, it's not gonna happen, BUT CAN'T A GUY DREAM?!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
3,768 04 Cobra coupes built. 1,896 Verts. For a total of 5,664.

Last edited:

svtred

lambo doors on the S-V-T
Established Member
ill buy a gt500 after all the hype and a bunch of people pay 10000 over sticker. then ill go buy one with 3000 miles on it cuz some guy couldnt afford it. and the dealer will be asking like 26. just like the 03 cobra craze

Users who are viewing this thread