Just came back from REM, I may give them my Cobra to test the Whipple

KosherCobra

Established Member
Ok, before everyone gets a hard on here, here the only catch. I have to bring my car back to "bone stock" for the testing purposes. Put the Whipple on the stock settings, then do a test with all the mods on. Tim and I spoke and with all the mods I have, the long tubes would really help with the whipple at 18 psi will be awesome. My only dilema is the time it takes to bring it back to stock. I have full use of a lift and all the tools in the world at REM to do the job. The only other thing is, is that the first Whipple goes to Tim. They should get 25-50 of them in after all the testing. So it's back to the "Heaton" untill the batch comes in.

Should I do it? Or let someone else with a stocker go for it?

Last edited:

hedstrosity

take the BLUE pill :)
Established Member
after its all done youll get a whipple for free right?
is removing the mods and re-installing worth over $3k to you?
i would do it in a heart beat as long as its free :coolman:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Nah. I think you should tell them to put one on my car, instead! ;-) It's in my garage waiting. (Do they mind snow?)

KosherCobra

Established Member
I haven't discussed what I get for using my car as a test. I'm pretty close to Tim and I'll talk to him tomorrow to see the down time and all the info what needs to be done. I don't expect a free whipple. That's just bad business. I may get a break on one, but I'm looking to work with them on this project and give as much info to you guys as possible.

KosherCobra

Established Member
Just got off the phone with Tim, looks like he'll need 2 cars. I'll give him mine with all the mods. We will be installing the long tubes so the exhuast is a complete to maximize the whipple. We are going to run it up to 18psi with my car. If anyone has a complete stocker let me know. I'll see Tim either tomorrow or on Monday and discuss what will be worked out for the donor of the stock car for the test. I'm not looking for anything from REM, I just want to help Tim, Paul and Keith.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
how stock of a car do they want? What kind of boost do they want to try?

Will they take an 03 with intake/exhuast only? No headers, just xpipe/catback? stock TB also.

Onelfastlride

Established Member
I thought of this, but in the long run it's not for me I can't see giving them my car to beat the piss out of it. That's exactly what they're gonna do to see how the whipple performs. You can expect no less. Better be very comfortable with the fact they are gonna push it to the limits to test out the product.

Who is going to buy the new engine if it something goes? I would want that to be very clear.

Last edited:

KosherCobra

Established Member
REM has program files for the KB. The fuel, spark and timing curves should work fine with the whipple and may need only some tweaking. Figure 4-5 pulls on the dyno with cool downs. They'll go 14 psi on a stocker and 18 on my modded Cobra.

Brucealeg

Established Member
I'm totally stock and in Tallahassee. Just not sure if I want my car pounded on. Not to mention this will void your warranty. Not sure what the value to me is?

Bruce

KosherCobra

Established Member
I'm dropping my car off either Monday or Tuesday. The Whipple is/or has been shipped to REM. So hopefully by the end of the week we should have some numbers. I'm going away next week to NYC, so it may happen when I'm gone that weekend.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
kosher - you mentioned something about them trying 18psi.. . does that mean they will sell a kit to support 18psi? Because I heard that they are only selling full 'kits' for 13psi. If you want to run more its up to you to get the proper injectors/fuel pumps and tune. . . .

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I wonder what the stock injectors and pumps can get ya at the rear wheels, like 550 plus I'm guess before the pump cann't pump the fuel fast enough. I bet Whipple isn't making a boost a bump kit like kb is. Sounds like all they want to do is make the blower itself and let the aftermarket that care of the rest. Anyone have pictures yet:rolleyes:

rdy2xlr8

Profesinal Pimp
Established Member
IM STOCK.....ALL STOCK not even a CAI pick me pick me,plus us canadians need some horsepower down here!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

why is there nothing on the whipple on www.kennebell.net ?
:shrug:
my god that wipple is a god to performance:bowdown:

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
And yolu guys might want to consider an alternative to using Diablo for the Whipple. Haven't heard too many positive things about Diablo KB cars.

Just my .02

KosherCobra

Established Member
I just was at REM, yes it's Sunday!!! We were working on the race truck (Lightning). Whoever has a "stock" Cobra needs to call Tim at Razors Edge. (954) 917-9200 He will be in on Monday, call after 1pm. He will discuss what he will do for the donor car. I can't speak for him and he'd prefer to talk to the person instead of posting on the board.

All I know is that the whipple will be at 13 psi right off the bat. They will push a stock car to 15 psi.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
I have heard things....not personal experience, but from a worthwhile source.

Users who are viewing this thread