Just curious about your cars

CuNfUzEd

Established Member
I have a guy wanting to race me in my area. His 500 has a pully, exhaust, cold air, gears, tune. He is claiming 650rwhp. That seems high to me for the amount of mods done. If not WOW!!! What should a car like that with average driver do in 1/4? I am tempted to tell him I will run him NA. Thanks guys.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I have a guy wanting to race me in my area. His 500 has a pully, exhaust, cold air, gears, tune. He is claiming 650rwhp. That seems high to me for the amount of mods done. If not WOW!!! What should a car like that with average driver do in 1/4? I am tempted to tell him I will run him NA. Thanks guys.

He probably said he had 650 "hp".. (which would be about right for those mods) (notice there was no "R" in "hp")

pulley/CAI/tune Gt500's usually dyno between 530-550 rwhp. They can dyno higher with the more agressive tunes.
:beer:

An average driver wil run high to mid 11s on the stock tires.

Average driver on DR's will run mid to low 11's

Good drivers can run in the 10s with the right conditions and a good tire..

Last edited:

CuNfUzEd

Established Member
He definately is claiming 650 rwhp. I had my doubts. It is a BAD ASS car for sure though. Boosted cars have such a different feel when under acceleration. They feel faster. I have 550 rwhp NA. I think I will offer to run him without the sauce. What should he MPH?

Last edited:

CuNfUzEd

Established Member
Oh yeah. How do these cars take to N2O? I have heard a rumor that he secretly put it on. I will know for sure if he beats me in his heavier car.

LEESTOYSTANG

Established Member
They take great to N2O.... If that's the case he could have a 150 shot and be somewhere in the field of 630-650..... Look for some posts by WickedGT500.... He has N2O on his....

CuNfUzEd

Established Member
Well That would put what he is saying spot on. I will spray him like a coch roach just to be safe.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member

CuNfUzEd

Established Member
Thanks man. I don't know about the 2 stage.LOL I may want to prove a point.LOL I have heard claims he is saying no one in the area can touch him. I don't know if he is saying it or just his fan club. He takes it to serious.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
He probably said he had 650 "hp".. (which would be about right for those mods) (notice there was no "R" in "hp")

pulley/CAI/tune Gt500's usually dyno between 530-550 rwhp. They can dyno higher with the more agressive tunes.
:beer:

An average driver wil run high to mid 11s on the stock tires.

Average driver on DR's will run mid to low 11's

Good drivers can run in the 10s with the right conditions and a good tire..

+1

I have those mods and have 635 at the flywheel. 538 at the tires.
The car should trap somewhere in the 123-125 range. If he sprays he could get another 100.
bj

CuNfUzEd

Established Member
I will post it up when it happens. I will give an NA, 1 stage and the then full monte.LOL I look forward to running him. I love your cars and don't hang on any particular brand as long as it is American muscle. My setup is untested and tuned right now. I got it put together last year at the end of the season and it turns out my TH400 I bought used was bad. The car went 11.02 NA @ 127 mhp on a 1.8 60 with full slicks and suspension. After four passes my 60's looked crappy being in the 2.0 range. I guess the tranny couldn't handle the rigors of being daily driven and crapped out. So I pitched it for the fun factor.

Last edited:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
TVS Blower? It is a factory unit. The car has 1k on it for milage.

There are a few differnt blowers many people have been switching to with these cars. You can go all the way up to 800+rwhp with just a blower swap. The bottom end takes it.

The TVS blower is an FRPP blower that is a direct boltin and can give you 700+rwhp with a few minor supporting parts.

CuNfUzEd

Established Member
WOW!! That is sweet! I don't believe I will need worry about that yet. He does have the money to get done what he needs. After I race him I am sure some lucky place will be getting his money.LOL

CuNfUzEd

Established Member
I posted this question in another thread.

LOL!!! You mean to tell me the key start limit before you get full boost is over riden by X amount of milage? I took a ride in my buddies 500 and it pulled hard. I thought to myself WOW! I would love to see it at full boost. But being the eat, live, breathe car guy I am, I felt the car pulled harder than what 3 pounds would do. He drove his car back home over 70 miles after getting a futt bucking at 65k 96 month loan. LOL So is this true?? It is an either or situation? Thanks. He kept telling me it was only 3 pounds. I didn't bother looking at the boost gage. I was enjoying the car to much to be concerned. Now I am interested because much trash is being talked behind my back.LOL

Users who are viewing this thread