Just doing a favor for a buddy

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
So I have a friend that is building a new house/garage and he asked me to store a couple of cars in my warehouse, so I said sure. When I came back from out of town look what was there.
IMG_0870.jpg
IMG_0871.jpg
IMG_0872.jpg
IMG_0873.jpg
IMG_0874.jpg
IMG_0876.jpg
IMG_0878.jpg
IMG_0881.jpg

These are all original F-code Thunderbirds, with the copper color T-bird having "qualified" (not run) in the 1956 or 57 Daytona 500 (I was told).

Ask any questions, I will go get any answers I do not already know.

Yes, all DF t-birds were sold with factory superchargers.

E

Attachments

• IMG_0882.jpg
    IMG_0882.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0884.jpg
    IMG_0884.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 128

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I'd love to know the power/driveability of the cars. Those old superchargers are just so dang cool. Do they whine a lot? What kind of boost?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Horespower, not much. But who cares!

Holy crap those are bad ass. Paxton centri blowers back in the 50's from the factory. Pretty awesome stuff and thanks for sharing.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Did he leave the keys for ‘em?

Yup

Horsepower?

They are 312 Y blocks, I am guessing 300-350 hp (flywheel)

Where’s your warehouse?

Does it have security?

Funny but sad, I am pretty sure you could figure out where my warehouse is. But yes, we do Government work that requires serious security.

I'd love to know the power/driveability of the cars. Those old superchargers are just so dang cool. Do they whine a lot? What kind of boost?

Like 6 lbs max on boost, and they actually are not too bad to drive, the tires do not help with the ride, but they ride "okay". Yeah, they whine some at boost.

I wonder what the copper car went for
Very cool....

Any idea on the value of these cars?

I was told the copper car's value is north of $400K, they other two like $200-250k each.

E

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Damn. $400k is clean Boss 9 money.

I would have never figured that but I also didn't really know about these little guys.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
The copper car has documented Daytona 500 heritage from 1957 (I think it was 57), I was told

E

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Oh the things we sacrifice for our friends!

They made about 200 F-Birds (212?). Very rare and uber cool! Horsepower was 300 I believe. Stock D-code 312 4-barrel was 245 horse....E-code (2x 4s) was 285...and F-code with the Paxton/McCullough blower was 300 to 360 depending on a few factors. Some amazing examples there for sure. Minimum price for an average one would be $200-240k. Parts for them are unobtanium. Thunderbird Bronze FTW. I wanted my Dad to paint his '57 that color but he went with Starmist Blue - which is the same as the one in your pic. Kelsey Hayes wire wheels aren't original on these cars but they sure do look awesome!

Dad's '57 is a regular D-code but at least his '63 Studebaker Avanti came with a Paxton :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread