Just dynoed the car. Why are th #'s so high?

03cobracoupe

Established Member
Originally posted by Vindication
tune the car. 17 is danger zone. I'm sure you'll get better gains as well. Nice numbers

U must have read the graph wrong. It was around an average of 12.6

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Originally posted by DD2000GT
That is std calculation - not sae. Std will be higher.

Tell me if I understand this correctly: STD dyno numbers are what horsepower a car is putting out in that specific geographical location etc, and SAE is a way of leveling the playing field so that dyno numbers can be compared across geographical variables?

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Originally posted by Lethalchem
Tell me if I understand this correctly: STD dyno numbers are what horsepower a car is putting out in that specific geographical location etc, and SAE is a way of leveling the playing field so that dyno numbers can be compared across geographical variables?

It is a modifier for atmospheric and temperature conditions.

Nino

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Originally posted by Lethalchem

No, Actual dyno numbers are what hp the car is putting out in that specific geo/meteorological location. STD is another method of standardizing the numbers so they can be compared across regions. They just use different constants for temp, pressure, etc. than SAE.

Jsears8

The Anti-Rice
Established Member
STD is always higher then SAE, and SAE is the general accpeted correction factor. There is an option window in the dynojet software to change the correction factor. Your 'uncorrected numbers" would be the actual HP it put down that day.

Justin

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Originally posted by 03cobracoupe
U must have read the graph wrong. It was around an average of 12.6

Your A/F appears to be just a little high at the beginning. A chip would help...in other areas too.

Last edited:

OneSVTFan

Established Member
He has a chip. I have the same mods as you do but did not get those numbers. I had 358hp and 358tq base line and 427hp/429 tq after mods. What was your base line?

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
The A/F is dead flat around 12.5 once the chip takes control in that dyno chart.

For long term safety, you may want to get it fattened up to 11.5 - 12.0 (the guys that tuned my car wanted it at 11.8). That will cost you a few horsepower, but otherwise your numbers look right in line with what you should expect.

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
One SVT Fan,

The poster listed mods as

UPR CAI
3.10" Pulley
Chip
Catted X Pipe / Bassani After Cat

If you've got all of that on your car and you're getting 427/429, you need to have your tune redone.

I'm getting 430/460 without the exhaust, but with a 2.93" pulley and a conservative tune. You should have 440-460 with the above mods. An aggresive tune with those mods can get 470-480 RWHP and RWTQ.

derryck

Established Member
Curious to know what the SAE corrected is... I dynoed at 450 (SAE Corrected values) RWHP and 470 torque w/ Andersen Intake, 2.80 Pulley, Diablo Flip Chip, Magnaflow X-pipe (no cats) and Magnaflow cat-back.

03cobracoupe

Established Member
Originally posted by OneSVTFan
He has a chip. I have the same mods as you do but did not get those numbers. I had 358hp and 358tq base line and 427hp/429 tq after mods. What was your base line?

Never did a baseline, but with just a UPR cai it had 390rwhp

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Originally posted by hantzis
Actually, his #s are SAE corrected.

Those #s are a bit higher than I would expect. Take a look at some other 03 Cobra moded dyno results here:

http://www.dynoperformance.com/sear...g+cobra&Final=1&Year=2003&Mods=&Submit=Search

Dean

That is a different dyno chart then when I posted that comment. As you see on this latest chart his MAX HP is 456 - not the 469 he said in the original post. Also notice the Dyno chart is for 3/10 and the original post was made 3/5.

The dyno chart that was up when I made that remark was STD...

Users who are viewing this thread