just enlisted in the army

89 az ssp

F-16 Crew Chief
Established Member
It annoys me when people bash other branches. I never talk shit about other branches. Some people just lack common respect.

And no he wasn't emphasizing that todays Army gets a lot more freedom, he said "well it is the army..." Implying that were all morons and its a big ****ing joke. Get over yourself :lol:

Better get some thick skin because thats all you are going to hear. I hope your attitude changes before you start leading people! NEWB! :)

whatsup everyone how are you doing? well i just got back from meps(it sucked) and i enlisted in the army for 3 years as a cannon crewmember 13b. i ship out the 22nd to fort sill in oklahoma. Has anyone ever been stationed there? and how is it
thanks

Goodluck! and thanks for serving!

Last edited:

89armygt

Established Member
Good luck at basic. I know when I went through it sucked while I was there but realized it was a blast after I left. Army is not all that bad. Ive been in for 10 years now and still going. Enjoy the things that you never thought you would do.

Everyone knows that:

The Army is full of rejects.

The Airforce is for p***ies.

The Marines are worthless.

The Navy is for f*gs.

Just wanted to straighten that up.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member

Like I said youre talking shit to the wrong guy about everyone in the army being a moron. I joined the army despite having almost a full academic ride to my university. I would say a large portion of the people in ROTC were very intelligent also. I just wanted to do some more hands on things so I enlisted. Now I can admit there are a lot of rejects. Thats for sure. But there are also a lot of good people who wanted to serve their country. I think they more than balance eachother out.

I'm going to laugh if youre talking shit about the military and youre not even in it :lol::lol::lol:

SSCOBRA03

Established Member
I went through basic and AIT (13F) at Ft. Sill back in 1984. Lawton sucked back then and I doubt it has changed. Don't volunteer, be prepared to be yelled at constantly and don't let the DIs get in your head. Just do what they tell you to (like Forest Gump).

Don't worry about Lawton, you won't spend much time there and if you do it will be in your class As.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Like I said youre talking shit to the wrong guy about everyone in the army being a moron. I joined the army despite having almost a full academic ride to my university. I would say a large portion of the people in ROTC were very intelligent also. I just wanted to do some more hands on things so I enlisted. Now I can admit there are a lot of rejects. Thats for sure. But there are also a lot of good people who wanted to serve their country. I think they more than balance eachother out.

I'm going to laugh if youre talking shit about the military and youre not even in it :lol::lol::lol:

There are alot of good people trying to serve their country in every branch. All of the stereotypes are just that, stereotypes. For the most part there are decent people all over, but you'll always have those morons, no matter what branch you're working with.

Get over it, the Army isnt the end all be all of military.

And FYI, I also had my shit paid for but decided to join instead. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread