Just got an 93 L what to do?

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
So I just got this L and it has 1.7 Roller Rockers, Hooker headers, 3" exhaust with 1 chamber flowmaster, pulleys, etc. What do these respond to? I have been messing with stangs so long I found myself in uncharted territory. Help would be great.:)

Matt95L

Established Member
I'd start by adding a shift kit/valvebody and traction bars.After that it depends on how how fast you are wanting to go?There are super/turbo trucks running in the 10s and n/a guys in the 12s.Most of the mods that work for your Mustangs will work for the truck also.

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
I am leaning toward a set of TFS heads, Mass Air conversion and a 150 shot. I would like to do a level 10 auto with a good stall.

Matt95L

Established Member
Originally posted by twisted89GT
I would like to do a level 10 auto with a good stall.

A built AOD probally won't hold up to well to the weight of our trucks.Gregg Evans at Factorytech transmissions makes racing versions of the E4OD and C6 for our trucks.

Last edited:

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
Originally posted by Matt95L
A built AOD probally won't hold up to well to the weight of our trucks.Gregg Evans at Factorytech transmissions makes racing versions of the E4OD and C6 for our trucks.

I think I will tackle the tranny first to get some reliabilty out of the way. I will probably do the valve body, TFS heads, mass air conversion, cam, and a 150 shot after that.:beer:

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
What kind of times do they run in stock trim? Also what was the factory HP/TQ rating. I beleive the HP was 240 but I am not sure.

Matt95L

Established Member
Mine ran 15.37 at 88mph stock.With the mods planned i'd expect you'd run in the 13s n/a and low 12s on the juice.

hp is 240 tq is 340

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
Has anyone done the mass air conversion? I also just changed the exhuast to 3" mandrel bent single with a polished magnaflow muffler. I really like the sound better than the friggin Flowmasters.:beer:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
most of the same engine mods that you would use on the stang will work well on the truck
so i would start from there, but i dont have the same truck as you do so i guess i wont start from there:shrug:

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
Originally posted by twisted89GT
Has anyone done the mass air conversion? I also just changed the exhuast to 3" mandrel bent single with a polished magnaflow muffler. I really like the sound better than the friggin Flowmasters.:beer:

i've heard alot about the massair conversion and it seems to me that the money could be better spent on a supercharger or any other go fast parts. speed density seems to wrk pretty well for these trucks especially once they're S/C. but i don't have any personal experience with massair so i could be just talking out my ass :rolling: !

Users who are viewing this thread