Just got back from the dyno!!!

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
Overall I'm impressed. My car is a stock Bullitt with a Vortech S-trim running 8lbs of boost. When they ran the car, it was 103 degrees. It put down 373.3HP at 6k and 348TQ at 5k. What do you guys think?

Don't worry, I will post the graph once I find a scanner.

Bad06SS

Established Member
Nice numbers! Hows the difference feel between stock and now?:) Just curious, what was your AFR, how much timing is that with, and what octane gas? Also, do you have the aftercooler? Thanks

SHONOFF98

Established Member
Thats lower than what I would have thought, I thought most bullitts would make ~430ish (blown of course) and GT's would make ~400ish (blown as well)

Tyler

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
SHONOFF98 said:
Thats lower than what I would have thought, I thought most bullitts would make ~430ish (blown of course) and GT's would make ~400ish (blown as well)

Tyler

not on 8lbs. I have a GT with 12lbs and am at 409hp and 380 tq...

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
Bad06SS said:
Nice numbers! Hows the difference feel between stock and now?:) Just curious, what was your AFR, how much timing is that with, and what octane gas? Also, do you have the aftercooler? Thanks
The AFR was around 11.7. It was on a crappy California 91 octane tune and I do not have an aftercooler. It feels a lot faster! I just can't wait to find a 03/04 cobra or a new GT500 to play with. At least this time I have a chance!

SHONOFF98 said:
Gotcha, do you think at 12psi he'd be around 430ish?

Tyler
Easily. I hit 373rwhp with only 8lbs of boost with no aftercooler and in 103 degree heat. However, the stock block would not be around for long at 430rwhp.

Last edited:

SHONOFF98

Established Member
4.6 Rocket said:
The AFR was around 11.7. It was on a crappy California 91 octane tune and I do not have an aftercooler. It feels a lot faster! I just can't wait to find a 03/04 cobra or a new GT500 to play with. At least this time I have a chance!

Easily. I hit 373rwhp with only 8lbs of boost with no aftercooler and in 103 degree heat. However, the stock block would not be around for long at 430rwhp.

Thats pretty sweet man, props for a sick car always liked the bullitts

Tyler

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
03_SVT_Freak said:
it seems about right for the boost u r running.

your numbers look fine...you could bump up the boost to 10 or 12 and be fine with 420hp, but reliability becomes a factor and I think that at what you are running its perfect street racing trim...torque will always be a little low on the centrifugal superchargers from what I've seen...

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
03_SVT_Freak said:
it seems about right for the boost u r running.
I was just hoping for a little more. Oh well, the car still pulls hard!

By the way, how do you like the 3.73 gears in the GT? Did the aluminum driveshaft make a difference? Instead of upping the boost, I thought that I would just do gears next. I want to keep the car reliable.

Last edited:

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
4.6 Rocket said:
I was just hoping for a little more. Oh well, the car still pulls hard!

By the way, how do you like the 3.73 gears in the GT? Did the aluminum driveshaft make a difference? Instead of upping the boost, I thought that I would just do gears next. I want to keep the car reliable.

the gears make a huge difference...I would go for 4.10's if you want to really make it kick ass though...the alum driveshaft and flywheel very important to have...

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
suprjagr said:
the gears make a huge difference...I would go for 4.10's if you want to really make it kick ass though...the alum driveshaft and flywheel very important to have...

I will probably go with the alum driveshaft but I'm still trying to figure out the gears. I just feel that the 4.10's will be too much with street tires, that's why I will probably go with the 3.73's.

stangkid

Established Member
I just had my 99 gt on the dyno it put out 350.45 hp and 336.76 Tq on 8 Psi on a 100 degree day but its a auto so i would say your numbers are about right.

joegt38

Established Member
Sounds good for the gas your running (91oct), I first added the SQ trim to my "auto" GT I made 373.3rwhp and 372.8rwtq on 8psi with 93oct. My mods were K&N, off road H and magnaflow catback. With just a powerpipe and I made alittle over 9psi and I switched from a diablo tune to a SCT tune and made 385.7rwhp and 365.7rwtq. This was all on a stock auto trans and no aftercooler. A retune and with alky injection TB/ 90mm L-Maf I made over 400rwhp and 385rwtq still all on a bone stock auto...

Thats was some of my first few set ups, god this sh!t ends up getting xpensive......

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Yea dont do 4.10's man, i had them in my Gt and they were great NA! But with that much power, your gonan want 3.73's

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
joegt38 said:
Sounds good for the gas your running (91oct), I first added the SQ trim to my "auto" GT I made 373.3rwhp and 372.8rwtq on 8psi with 93oct. My mods were K&N, off road H and magnaflow catback...
WOW, does 93 octane really make that much of a difference? Your car was even an auto making those numbers.

Last edited:

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
Yea dont do 4.10's man, i had them in my Gt and they were great NA! But with that much power, your gonan want 3.73's
I think that I will go 3.73's, mainly becuase with 4.10's I will run out of gear in the 1/4 with a little more power :coolman:

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
stangkid said:
I just had my 99 gt on the dyno it put out 350.45 hp and 336.76 Tq on 8 Psi on a 100 degree day but its a auto so i would say your numbers are about right.
What mods were on it at that time?

Last edited:

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
suprjagr said:
your numbers look fine...you could bump up the boost to 10 or 12 and be fine with 420hp, but reliability becomes a factor and I think that at what you are running its perfect street racing trim...torque will always be a little low on the centrifugal superchargers from what I've seen...

yeah centrifugal blowers are always a bit lower on the TQ..or at leaset from what ive seen

Users who are viewing this thread