Just got Borla Stingers Installed...........WOW!

3Laser3

Established Member
First off, two weeks ago I finally tinted the windows and went with 13% all the way around(not the windshield), but wish I went with 5%. During the day there is no problems at all seeing. At night if there isn't much street lights, it's kinda hard to see, but not too bad.

Two days ago I got Borla Stingers installed. All I can say is WOW. :rockon: I went from stock to these things and it's night and day difference. These suckers are loud, mean sounding. I absolutely love the sound. No more listening to the radio because I got the best music ever now. I've been taking the long way home from work and love the stop and go traffic so I can hear the roar. I use to granny shift at 2000 rpms, but now I can't shift until at least 3000. I know that this probably nothing to most, but to me this is a huge deal.

Overall, I'm highly satisfied with the Stingers so far. Next up is lowering springs and flsfc. I'm so excited; these things are awesome!

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
if you havent swapped out your upper pulley for something smaller yet, wait til you do!! its another HUGE difference..but this time instead of sound, its power. definately a must do if you are still mostly stock.

3Laser3

Established Member
The Borla Stingers are the first "mod" I've done. It's 100% stock other than that, and a pulley swap is on my agenda sometime hopefully in the near future.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
congrats! i always recommend exhaust as the first mod to do to a stock terminator. makes a night/day difference in driving enjoyment :rockon:

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
I heard that there are issues with the location of the smog sensor in the Borla Stinger exhaust that causes the car to throw emissions codes.

True or False?

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Congrats OP on your new exhaust.

IMO Stingers on a Terminator are like Flowmasters on a pushrod 5.0.....they just sound right!!! :coolman:

SpectorV

Established Member
yea going from 100% stock to borla stingers i was amazed at how much louder it was... have no idea how people that have no cats and borla stingers talk to anyone or dont go deaf while driving... perfect level with all cats and borla stingers anymore is to much.

Jefe

Established Member
Next up is lowering springs and flsfc

Get those flsfc's on asap. The car will feel so much tighter And cut the springs first to see how you like it then spend money on lowering it if you arent satisfied

Stingers FTW, get a catted X pipe to get some more rasp

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
yea going from 100% stock to borla stingers i was amazed at how much louder it was... have no idea how people that have no cats and borla stingers talk to anyone or dont go deaf while driving... perfect level with all cats and borla stingers anymore is to much.

x2! When I first got them I thought they were sick, and they are, but now its just getting too damn loud. It almost gives me a headache everytime I drive it. I guess it would be fine if you drive it only on weekends, but not a daily (or 3/4 times a week)

chitowncobra

Established Member
congrats on the stingers!! you will almost double the loudness w/my setup BBK LONGTUBES BBK OFFROAD H and then the awesome STINGERS!! i rarely hear the blower whine w/this setup, nothing but thumbs up everywhere i go!!! once again congrats on getting the STINGERS!!!:burnout::burnout:

Last edited:

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
the stingers were also my first mod and it wasn't long before i added a o/r prochamber and that took my boner to a new height. imo any offroad x or h sound like crap with stingers. the prochamber is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread