Just got finished a jlt to roush cai swap

bmyles

Established Member
Not big news here guys but I figured I would share. I just got through swapping my jlt for a roush cai on my car with a vmp Tvs and I ll tell you there's no comparison between the to. The roush fits like a glove and there's support brackets on it and a flex joint to pick up enging movement . I was kinda pissed I had to spend $500 on it but it's a very well designed kit and you can see where the price difference comes from. Just thought I would share

vortecd

Established Member
I think the Roush looks better and took off the stock Roush airbox for it. I like how I can hear the blower now. In a high HP car the JLT will probably make more power cause of the size but I'm not looking to run 9's with mine, at least not now

hand-filer

Established Member
Did you get the tune revised? You went from a 127mm MAF housing to a 110mm housing. That might have something to do with it.

So guys for the sake of honesty, I just had my car out for the first time since the swap and it feels slower . :(

bmyles

Established Member
Yes I had justin send me a new tune, it's a 85mm pulley with cat deletes ang gt500s. I did't think it would make a difference at my boost level but there is.

Last edited:

pickles

Established Member
Glad to hear the Roush setup fits good. I removed my heat shield from my JLT setup, seems to work fine for me now.

Btw, is that your car I see for sale on Kijiji?

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
From day to day, my car feels faster/slower. I would be very surprised if your car lost power. People run the stock airbox up to 10psi with very little loss of power.

Does it run less boost with the smaller tube? I doubt it's that much of a restriction.

bmyles

Established Member
I never looked at my gauge, it was stupid hot yesterday mabey that was it. I am going to do a data log later today and make sure everything is good. I am only at 8psi I did't figure on a change but whatever at least now it fits right .

Last edited:

hand-filer

Established Member
I never looked at my gauge, it was stupid hot yesterday mabey that was it. I am going to do a data log later today and make sure everything is good. I am only at 8psi I did't figure on a change but whatever at least now it fits right .

Stupid hot was likely the cause then.

Users who are viewing this thread