JUST GOT MY CAR BACK WITH FULL QMP EXAUST!!!!

matt lankford

all is sold
i almost wrecked on 1-4. i nailed it and the sound of everything was so hypnotic that i almost ran over a honda civic, i didnt want to get out of it, it sounds so awesome, huge SOTP diffrence too!!! im going to burn everything in this weekend and go back for 3 pulls on monday. btw, i had them cut 3 inches off the back, it looks awesome. ramseys in tampa said the headers were the nicest they have ever seen and the tech that put them on said it was the best full setup he has ever installed. the cross pipes under the gas tank are so straight that im going to polish them, lol. there is a ton of clearance under the car, i would have to try to jump a curb to rub anything, imho. the shop that sold me the k member said they will install all of my suspension and a new k member for a small charge, since i paid ramsey to do it and he had to remove it all due to fitment of the a-arms. i can lower it 1.5 inches without any problems imho. going to get some pics soon i hope, sunday at the latest

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
Matt, I see you got the throttlebody in your sig. Does that mean you got it? Tell me something about it... I have money burning a hole in my pocket.

--------------------------------------------------------
Upgraded my tree air freshener to Tweety Bird
Fuzzy dice on order

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Matt. thats good news. Have been looking at this system for a while. waited to hear how the system was with headers. Great to hear. Enjoy!

tammy

Established Member
We are loving ours too Matt. That sotp feel i know what you mean it's great is'nt it! We installed the denscharger the day after the exhaust this thing is mean as hell now! I can't wait to get a dyno again. We were at 356.7 stockl. Congradulations and the system sound gets even a touch louder after the burn in period ends.:)

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Matt is there any reason you didn't go with the QMP 1 3/4" headers? :shrug:

matt lankford

all is sold
they werent ready when i got mine. plus they cost a tad more and take longer to install. i dont think the 1/8th of an inch will make a big diffrence...ive had the headers over a month, on my living room floor. i got stuck waiting for other parts.

03rocks

Established Member
Congrats Matt, I'm glad to hear everything fits good and doesn't hang too low. I'll prob have to buck up and get the LT's now.

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Sounds interesting Matt!

Looking forward to hearing your dyno results.

Since we're into our wet rainy season now in Vancouver I'm not driving the Cobra much now ( But nice days with cool air are awesome!) Waiting till spring to baseline then start the mods, and the QMP system sounds interesting although I'd like to see a longer exhaust tip (for looks) with baffles (for no drone), however these could be added. Either that or the magnaflows.

Are the headers clear of the bell housing and trannie so that a clutch change can be made without removing the headers? Can the headers be installed without the new K member?

Gord

matt lankford

all is sold
yes, you can r&r the tranny and i didnt use the k member, i stayed with stock. the shop that put it in, ramseys, a huge stang tuner, said they were the best looking headers they have ever seen

03rocks

Established Member
GordsFord,

There's really no drone with the QMP system, I wouldn't sweat the baffles or longer tips.

matt lankford

all is sold
it sounds mean, the headers are whats loud. i dont know if my noise at crusing speeds are the same as everyone elses because it all went on the car at the same time

Users who are viewing this thread