Just got my Cobra Detailed ..some new pics..

supercoolsix

Established Member
i got my car detailed from California Detailing in San Francisco. all i got to say is wow.. a 3 year old car swirled the **** out...and the outcome of a full day of detailing is this.... everyone knows how hard it is to keep black car lookin swirl free... i'm very impressed with their work.

35410.jpg
35411.jpg
35412.jpg
35413.jpg
35414.jpg
35415.jpg

:thumbsup:

supercoolsix

Established Member
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
I can't wait to see what it looks like under the sun... :beer:

mee too... the sun won't come out here in the bay area until next week..

:beer:

Last edited:

bossman429

Established Member
Awesome man! I hate all the swirls you can see on my car when under a street light.

I only have a few things left to do and im done with my car:

Tune (hopefully within a week)
New rear tires
Detail it like that and then im golden!

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Looks awsome. I love black! Now get yourself a PC and some microfiber and you won't have to pay them to keep your car swirl free. :).

ROADKILL

Established Member
EastCoast5.0 said:
Looks awsome. I love black! Now get yourself a PC and some microfiber and you won't have to pay them to keep your car swirl free. :).

So what is PC and microfiber?
Anyone jump in here and answer please.

stangtrooper

Established Member
PC=porter cable (buffer)
and microfiber is a type of towl to use on the car.

Supercoolsix-car looks amazing. I wish my car looked that good.

ROADKILL

Established Member
^ So did the guy highspeed buff or use one of the slow orbital buffers like you would buy at Autozone? I have an orbital, but I'm pretty scared of a highspeed buffer. I have one and used it on my lawnmower as a trial and it took about three seconds to scorch the paint. Haven't touched it since.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
ROADKILL said:
So what is PC and microfiber?
Anyone jump in here and answer please.
A Porter Cable is a orbital buffer that is VERY user friendly and is almost fool proof. You can pick them up for around $99 from Lowes or online somewhere. Used with the right products it can save you tons of money on buffing and will help keep your paint looking great. Check into the detailing forum to learn more.

You can get everything you need here.
www.specialtymotoring.com

supercoolsix

Established Member
thanks again everyone for the support!! much appreciated!!

well the reason i paid what i paid is because it costs around $200-$300 to get the right material, from PC, to the MicroFiber Towels, to the waxes and cutting pads..and plus that labor..... as much as people say i can do it myself, 1) i work full time and on the weekends i like to relax... 2) this detail if washed properly should last a year... so to spend $300ish on this second to none job w/ out doing it myself is waaaaay worth it.... now i won't feel like washing my car is worthless...

i know people say w/ PCs you can't harm your paint... but i think there's more to it than just PCs and wax.... you need to KNOW HOW to use it properly and spend a good whole day detailing it....

either spend $300ish to get someone to detail it Professionally VS. spend $300ish to get the tools and materials myself and do it myself.. i think i'll pick the first option... but to those who pick the second option, mad PROPS :thumbsup: i wish i had time and the skills to do that kind of work.....

thanks again everyone for your kind words! :beer:

VENOMIZED03

Established Member
Are those christmas lights I see up still? your right about wanting to relax on the weekends...lol... I am just messin with ya. I am the same way...Sh!t, I took mine down in february so I cant talk smack. Anyway, your car looks sweet. I hate my car b/c its black and the worst to keep clean. Not looking forward to rainy season.

supercoolsix

Established Member
VENOMIZED03 said:
Are those christmas lights I see up still? your right about wanting to relax on the weekends...lol... I am just messin with ya. I am the same way...Sh!t, I took mine down in february so I cant talk smack. Anyway, your car looks sweet. I hate my car b/c its black and the worst to keep clean. Not looking forward to rainy season.

hahah for some reason the lights have been up there since i was ten years old.. so basically i guess its tradition :who knows: hahaha... don't hate, they're dope! yah right! hahahaha, thanks for the compliments though... black is the best color, if kept clean and maintained!! if not..

*> swirled/scratched black car...

Users who are viewing this thread