Just got my Maier Racing subframe connectors installed! (PICS inside)

Mustanganatic

FOG
Established Member
I just bought them for my '66. When I started looking at subframe connectors, I was looking at the Global West product. After I saw the Maier Racing ones, I look at Global West as the "K-mart of chassis stiffening." The Maier Racing subframe connectors were superior... beefier, front and rear multi-point attachment and hug the floor better.

04cobra88

Established Member
I welded mine in on a 4 point lift car still has gaps like it came from the factory and no door closing issues it's all in where you place the lifting points IMO , I tacked them all in checked the gaps checked both doors for closing issues over and over no
Problems went ahead and welded them jumping from weld point to weld point being careful not to get too much heat In one spot (I'm a welder by trade) dropped the cars back on the wheels and bam everything was good

Tryed to do it with the cars weight on its own tires but I was to big to fit under with the car on the ramps we had still came out perfect did
My buddy's 01gt the same way no issues

TRBO VNM

Are the inside mount points the same as the outside?

Suspension needs to be loaded. It isn't loaded on a standard 2 post lift. There are no seat brackets either.

These are the only I would pick

MM
Global West
Stifflers

In no particular order.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Yeah They use they use the 4 point lift to install them. I took my MM connectors to them to install. I asked them the same question should the car be on drive on lift. they said it doesn't matter, they have installed alot them with no problem. But when they installed my subframe connectors. lowered the car down my car had 1/2 inch gaps where the doors meet the quarter panel. I knew something wasn't right because my car didn't have that much gap before the install. So I had him measure the gap while the car was on the ground and had the subframe connectors cut off. We measured the gap again and this time it closed back to how it use to be. So I got my money back from them and took my car to my buddy's shop and used his drive on lift and welded thenm on myself. So the moral of the story is after what is saw when you use a 4 point lift. I would always recommend to use a drive on lift.

:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread