Just got my new Procharger in today...a few questions

FindemorGrindem

Established Member
My new Procharger came in today after a month and a half of waiting. Apparently ati doesnt' get in any big hurry to fill its orders....don't know if any of you had the same waiting problems. Also I'm not sure what psi kit I got cause it doesnt' say. I ordered 6psi but the pulley is a 3.60, so I'm not sure if I need a bigger size and if so, how much larger of a pulley can I go. Also I'm not sure what the coolant bypass/blockoff valve if for and if its needed. Why would you need to take the thermostat out and block flow with this rigged device? Finally, I was looking at their "plumbing" schematic of the pipes and they have the maf in the "charged" side, shouldn't I be putting this on the "suck" or true intake side? Thanks for the help, I plan to start on it shortly.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
1. a 3.60 pulley should give you about 8 psi. they void the warranty if you change pullies so leave that on there.

2. i don't know what this bypass blockoff thing is. pics?

3. the maf on prochargers is always on the pressure side. its a blow thru maf.

FindemorGrindem

Established Member
Its odd looking (it looks like it takes the place of the thermostat and totally blocks flow) but I don't have my digital camera so I'll quote the instructions per the manual. Step 9 under Final Assembly...If Installing the high output kit, it wil be necessary to drain the radiator. With this complete, the coolant bypass/blockoff must be installed and the thermostat removed. Secure the bypass/bockoff to the lower radiator hose using the supplied hose clamp. Replace drained coolant......Also which pulley size gives 6 psi then??? cause I'm going to call and complain Monday that I had to wait so long and they still screwed my order up.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
honestly, id say F that bypass. leave the thermostat in there, or put a 180 degree one in there.

a 3.6 might give you 6 psi, but id think it be a touch more. Hell a 3.5 pulley on my novi 2000 gave me 14psi. anyways,Id give it a try and see how much boost it makes.

Users who are viewing this thread