Just got pulled for my exhaust

JohnnyBlaze

Established Member
Straight pipes... so then when you get pulled over for those, you can go back to your current setup as the compromise, lol.

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
I have BBK long tubes and a SLP Loud Mouth2 catback. I guess i need some new mufflers. Any suggestions?

If you have a stock h-pipe, I'm surprised you had trouble. I just put on a Borla Stinger catback. It's loud, but doesn't draw attention if your taking it easy.

Before the Stingers, I had a Magnaflow CB. It had a 4X9X14 muffler that wouldn't be as loud as the SLP LMII. The maggie is good quality and usually makes the most power. They're all straight through mufflers like your SLP.

If I go another muffler, I'm thinking chambered, like Flowmaster, that cancels drone, which is characteristic of straight through muffs.

Last edited:

f2hatch

Established Member
Magnaflow would be loud when you romp on it with your current setup but you should not get pulled over with them when just cruising around or your foot out of it.
+1 I have a Magnaflow system and at idle it sounds just a little louder than stock. Witch i dont like even with the o/r x pipe it dose'nt get loud till i really get on it. I want to switch to the borla stinger. I do'nt think you would have any problems with a Magnaflow system.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
+1 I have a Magnaflow system and at idle it sounds just a little louder than stock. Witch i dont like even with the o/r x pipe it dose'nt get loud till i really get on it. I want to switch to the borla stinger. I do'nt think you would have any problems with a Magnaflow system.

:) Perfect example.

I have a Magnaflow cb in my garage too.

Users who are viewing this thread