Just got subframe connectors installed

nugen

Established Member
I just had some Maximum Motorsports full length subframe connectors welded up on my car. I was skeptical at first, but they made a huge difference. I drive over "rumble strips" on my way to work daily. I used to think that they were going to shake my car apart. When I drive over them now my car is vibration free. Increased rigidity is also noticeable during normal daily driving. My car feels more solid and stable around turns and under acceleration. I can't believe it took me this long to install sub frame connectors. A great product and a great mod. :thumbsup:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Cool :thumbsup: I was a little skeptical at how much of an improvement there would be from all the reports at first myself... but now I'm of the opinion that these should be one of the very first mods for any late model Mustang.

04Venom

Established Member
grimreefer said:
Cool :thumbsup: I was a little skeptical at how much of an improvement there would be from all the reports at first myself... but now I'm of the opinion that these should be one of the very first mods for any late model Mustang.

+1. SFCs are critical to the performance of any Terminator, be it daily driver, corner carver or drag queen.

BWH2003

Established Member
I want to get some Im just worried that im going to be the first one to have the shop **** up the install. Normally I do everything myself but I dont trust myself with a welder so I would have to pay someone to do it. Problem with where I live is every mechanic can do everything wether they have tried it or not and there arent any good shops to take it to.

I do own a nice drive on lift. You like with limited welding skill I could put them on or is it best not to try it?

N S

Wants to go faster
Established Member
BWH2003 said:
I want to get some Im just worried that im going to be the first one to have the shop **** up the install. Normally I do everything myself but I dont trust myself with a welder so I would have to pay someone to do it. Problem with where I live is every mechanic can do everything wether they have tried it or not and there arent any good shops to take it to.

I do own a nice drive on lift. You like with limited welding skill I could put them on or is it best not to try it?

Practice welding on some spare pieces of metal first. Welding, like most things, takes practice and experience. Its not hard to do, but you need to practice first. I welded aluminum and steel during my college years working as a lab tech. I used TIG and MIG for both - and also used a stick welder for some steel. Its been a couple years since I've done any welding and I wouldn't feel comfortable trying it out on my car without "dusting off" on a copule practice pieces first.

nugen

Established Member
BWH2003 said:
I want to get some Im just worried that im going to be the first one to have the shop **** up the install.

Don't worry, you won't be the first :lol1:

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
grimreefer said:

You're correct.

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
FLSFC are the best mod I had besides DR's and my a 2.93 Pulley. They make a world of difference.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
One thing to remember when welding up subframes is to not weld too long on one spot, it will lead to a very much unwanted carpet fire if you don't move around. Seen it happen before and would hate for your cobra to go up flames lol.

Users who are viewing this thread