Just got the Sirius up and running

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Just thought I'd let everyone know that satellite radio KICKS ASS :rockon: It is 10000000x better than am/fm. If you enjoy music this is definitely a worthwhile mod. Sirius= :-D

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Haven't actually seen one, but how much equipment is involved? Need a second antenna? Will it operate along with the AM/FM/CD?

SNAKEYE

Established Member
Sirius

Dano said:
Haven't actually seen one, but how much equipment is involved? Need a second antenna? Will it operate along with the AM/FM/CD?
My Chrysler 300C came with Sirius free for a year. My wife liked it so much she had me install an automobile unit in her Equinox and a home unit connected to our stereo system.
They both come with their own external satellite reception antennae (roof-mount for the car and windowsill-mount for the home), (1) head unit that you move from car to home, and a stand for each into which the head unit plugs. The head unit is actually an FM transmitter. The car setup comes with a pigtail of a wire transmitting antenna that plugs into the stand to help the car radio receive better. The home stand hardwires into the stereo's aux input. When in the home, the head unit still transmits FM and you can receive throughout the house on any FM radio. The home antenna is a bit touchy as to where it need be positioned to face the satellite for reception (southwesterly here in the mid-Atlantic states). I had to install a bracket outside to clear the roof overhang and rain gutter to achieve the best results. And the second subscription is half-price! And if you have a PC with speakers you can go on Sirius' website and listen for FREE!

Last edited:

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I just have t mounted on the windshield with the included mount. I will be moving it soon. I will take pics after I get off work.

With the kit I got the antenna, power wire, receiver, mount and remote control. Right now I am using the FM transmitter and it sounds great, no static or loss of signal. I mounted the antenna on the trunk right behind the rear window. I ran the wire towards over front of the trunk (can't see the wire, the antenna is right on the edge), under my rear delete, under the console and up behind the plastic bezel around the radio.

I sat in the car for an hour and a half listening to it last night. For more info go here www.sirius.com.

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
the cool thing also is that with your subscription you can also listen to it on your computer. I love faction, its the last rock station.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Here's the pics

Antenna
Antenna.jpg

Receiver
Faraway.jpg

I like Octane 20 the best. Faction, Alt Nation and Hard Attack are all good stations. I haven't even listened to most of it yet.

95cobby

Established Member
Sounds nice Josh. You should find a better place for it, to many wires everywhere. Haha, and it looks funny without the rearview down there.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I'm going to mount it to the side of the console so it sits next to the shifter on the passenger side. That is a temporary spot. You can't see the mirror because I'm in too close.

pottsy

Established Member
Very cool man, I've been thinking of doing that sometime soon myself. Are there any other spots you could mount the receiver though? I don't know if I would want mine on the windshield...

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Looks nice! I just got an Ipod Mini and have the fm/am adapter. I thought about getting sat radio but got the Ipod with the adapter instead (had a gift certificate to Best Buy). The channels any good?

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
pottsy said:
Very cool man, I've been thinking of doing that sometime soon myself. Are there any other spots you could mount the receiver though? I don't know if I would want mine on the windshield...
Hey if your gunna do it...Come to me first. I'll help ya out for sure. We'll make it look good!

CY98Cobra

Established Member
EastCoast5.0 said:
The channels any good?

The channels are very good. About the only thing I've listened to besides the rock stations was Jim Breuer, other than that I've been enjoying the rock too much to change it.

Whiskey City

Established Member
Satellite radio kicks ass. I've had XM for over a year and love it. I am, however, switching over to Sirius soon because of NFL and Big East sports that are exclusive to Sirius. That and my XM subscription ends this month. Hey, if anyone's interested in some super-clean XM gear, check this out.

Good times,

WC

Last edited:

Blown318

2FAST4U Racing
Established Member
SnakeBite98 said:
the cool thing also is that with your subscription you can also listen to it on your computer. I love faction, its the last rock station.

Im a shade 45 or hip hop nation man personally........
either way sat radio kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!! :bowdown: :banana:

I just need to get it in the cobra now..... hell I have it in my work beater!!! :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread