just Got the Whipple

porsches4lunch

Established Member
I LOVE the Ford Racing Emblem and the way it matches the Engine. I also got the 60 LBS Injectors at a Great Deal

Whipple2.jpg

Whipple1.jpg

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
If my wife saw that, she would say why wasn't is sent to our house. You just made my wife jelous. She want one for her 03 cobra. She will have to wait for now. That thing is going to make you say DAMN, when you get it on and have it tuned. Look for around 600 hp to the rear. I have a freind with a 04 that has a whipple on it. All he has do to it. Catback exhaust and a whipple and a SCT tune. It put down 608 hp to the rear tires. Good luck with yours. You Bastard. J/K.

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
if you are going to run just the 3.5 pulley you should only need a new MAF along with the 60's. It will be a totally different car. I didnt stay long with that pulley. After a few runs at the track the RR non slip 3.2 pulley went on and OMG! Without DR's on the street the car will just kill the tires even in 3rd.

Congrats and welcome to the club!

porsches4lunch

Established Member
MY DREAM said:
Well, do share the good deal....where did you get it and for how much? Congrats!

James

Call Bill at Spray it racing 954-701-0523 and tell him you spoke to Dan, the guy he just got the Whipple for and he will hook you up. I don't want to give out numbers but, it was less than 3K and the injectors were VERY CHEAP as well. I have a 6LB lower on now so i need to change that and I am planning on getting a pair of GT pumps AND a MAFIA, long tubes, off road X Pipe and of course ANOTHER tune.

porsches4lunch

Established Member
Tazman1 said:
If my wife saw that, she would say why wasn't is sent to our house. You just made my wife jelous. She want one for her 03 cobra. She will have to wait for now. That thing is going to make you say DAMN, when you get it on and have it tuned. Look for around 600 hp to the rear. I have a freind with a 04 that has a whipple on it. All he has do to it. Catback exhaust and a whipple and a SCT tune. It put down 608 hp to the rear tires. Good luck with yours. You Bastard. J/K.

LMAO, Thanks

porsches4lunch

Established Member
svtyellowstang said:
I liked the Emblems too , then they fell off about a week after the whipple was on

i see you are using a 6LB lower and a 3.5 (stock i assume) upper pulley. How many LBS are you seeing? Do you have a stock motor?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I rarely hear of anyone suggesting upgraded pistons with the addition of a twin screw. Is it not needed? If not, WHEN is it a good idea? That's one of the things that's been holding me back from upping my power past 450rwhp.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Lethalchem said:
I rarely hear of anyone suggesting upgraded pistons with the addition of a twin screw. Is it not needed? If not, WHEN is it a good idea? That's one of the things that's been holding me back from upping my power past 450rwhp.

Cooling mods are a must even though they dont suggest them. the close piston to wall clearance can cause problems at any power level but most people dont go for built motors until they pass 600 rwhp and super high boost. 600 rwhp isnt hard to do with a whipple though.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
svtyellowstang said:
I liked the Emblems too , then they fell off about a week after the whipple was on

Oddly enough my stickers are staying put. I have been keeping an eye on them and do have some red RTV ready for them if they do decide to slide.

Bullitt4110

Established Member
cpu77 said:
I did not think you even needed injectors for the stock boost. Ford Racing advertises to just bolt it on.
You do not need them, but you cant change the injectors once the Whipple is on due to the plenum not being able to be removed. Not needed but reccomended so you dont have to pull it off if you ever want to up the power.

porsches4lunch

Established Member
Lethalchem said:

I've seen ALOT of folks making over 600 RWHP with the COMPLETELY STOCK motor so, i'm sure that's not a prob. I am mpre concerned with the amount of boost and detonation.

Users who are viewing this thread