Just had a cigarette for the first in months

svtjunkie

you've got red on you
Established Member
:nonono: I can't believe that I used to do that. I feel like:xpl:now.:bash:

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Be careful. I quit for three months up until a couple weeks ago, when I was celebrating a promotion at a bar, ended up smoking a few...and that turned right back into smoking all over again.

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
been trying to quit, i got sick and the thought of a cig made me sick...then i got better, and started again

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
never smoked a cig, never will. congrats to you who quit, I've seen how tough it can be.

DarkShadow Drew

Boost Addicted
Established Member
I had quit before and then had that stupid one while out drinking and now i've been back smoking for years. Just don't have another one.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I use to dip snuff for 15 years two cans a day till I turned 30. I'm 41 now and havn't touched that posion since I quit 11 years ago. Hardest thing I ever had to do.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Mr. Mach-ete said:
I use to dip snuff for 15 years two cans a day till I turned 30. I'm 41 now and havn't touched that posion since I quit 11 years ago. Hardest thing I ever had to do.

That stuff is disgusting.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I can't drink if I dont have my smokes! I also like smoking one after a meal.

svtjunkie

you've got red on you
Established Member
Riddlaontheroof said:
I can't drink if I dont have my smokes! I also like smoking one after a meal.

Yep. That was the worst part about quiting for me. The cravings were the worst when I drank, after a meal and drinking coffee. I could go the whole day without wanting a cigarette until I drank, eat or had coffee and I would all of a sudden get a HUGE craving for a smoke.

JasonSnake

Established Member
I work with a 65 year old lady, hunch back, with a strong NY accent, huge gossiper in the office. You know, she's just one of those old ladies you see on TV. Every single day I hear her say she needs a smoke and goes to about a dozen brakes throughout the day. LOL. When she runs out of cigs, she gets extremely agitated and starts cussin' like I never seen an old lady curse before... "goddd*amit I ran out of cigs...Jason I'm sneaking out to the store"

The past 2 years she has seen two very close ones die from emphizema (sp?). A sister and a close friend. She always talks about quitting but she just plain can't..

pipe

*pee* ~pay~
Established Member
i started smoking on my freshman year of college, i would buy just one black and mild and smoke it after lunch, after a while, one cigar wasn't enough so i would buy 2, one for after lunch and one for the drive home. 1 1/2 years later i'm still smoking, not black and milds because after a while of smoking them, they made my stomach hurt so bad, so now i'm hooked on marlboro light menthols, i smoke a 1 pack in a about a little over a week.

i was also a big time pot head (high 24/7 for about a month in one ocassion), incredibly, it is a whole lot easier to quit weed than it is to quit cigarretes.

just don't try them, don't even look at them

GOD Bless all!!!

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
I will have quit for 1 month tomorrow at 11pm. I was a 1.5 to 2 pack a day smoker for 11 years. I'm 26 now. It doesn't get any easier for quite some time.

50 Proof

Established Member
interesting how some people can get addicted to things while some can't. Back in college when I drank and partied more, I'd smoke when I drank. Even if I weren't drinking I'd smoke when friends offered them to me. I smoked enough to be addicted. One day I just decided I had enough and stopped. I never had a craving, no withdrawals, nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread