Just had FMS Clutch m-7060-c46 installed

gmaine

Established Member
Just got this puppy installed and the pedal effort is significantly less. I could shift barefoot if I had to compared to the Spec III which bit the dust after 5K miles. Its the 11'' upgrade kit which is probably all I need as I am basically stock except for LTs and CAI. Hope it lasts.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
just what the hell did you do to the spec?

mine is going on 17k miles without any problems.

gmaine

Established Member
Got on it a bit in the parking lot and then it bit the dust. One mechanic indicated that when that happens, the pressure plate may not have tightened down properly, causing excessive wear.

lone sailor

Established Member
gmaine said:
Got on it a bit in the parking lot and then it bit the dust. One mechanic indicated that when that happens, the pressure plate may not have tightened down properly, causing excessive wear.

I have a hard time believing a basically stock 97' Cobra shredding a spec stage 3 within 5k miles. Did y=they give the old parts? It could have just been the throwout bearing or the shift fork.

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
I think its funny how you comlain about the pedal pressure of a spec stage III on your near stock cobra. Why the hell did you put that in there in the first place, that clutch is meant for 600hp cars, its gotta be heavy to successfully clamp that kinda power. I have a spec I and taken about 15 trips down the track so far with no troubles. Did you break in your SPec properly????

lone sailor

Established Member
WhiteDevil said:
I think its funny how you comlain about the pedal pressure of a spec stage III on your near stock cobra. Why the hell did you put that in there in the first place, that clutch is meant for 600hp cars, its gotta be heavy to successfully clamp that kinda power. I have a spec I and taken about 15 trips down the track so far with no troubles. Did you break in your SPec properly????

:lol: Pull out of the shop parking lot and do a 4500 rpm dump. :lol1:

gmaine

Established Member
The Spec III was initially recommended assuming I would eventually upgrade the ponies. The labor cost for the clutch install was $400 but I also had to pay an additional $300 to jack the engine to remove the passenger side BBK LT in order to drop the trans. Next go around I'll swith out the T-45 for a TKO 500. Car runs great now.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
you plan on anypower adder in the future? just rebuild the t-45 with better parts, along with a strong clutch it can handle 400-420 torque. that is what i am doin, i will post up how it feels and shifts after all said and done.

Users who are viewing this thread