Just how fast will a stock Cobra go?

racerage7

Established Member
Well I got a new best time out of my completely stock 03 Cobra minus the air cleaner with just under a thousand miles on it. A 12.42 at 112.63mph with a 1.87 60ft. My brother has a 03 also and the same night with the same mods went a 12.24 at 113 mph and a1.84 60ft.Has anyone been getting closer to the 11s with a completlely stock 03. And is anyone seeing better ETs with just more break in miles. Now take it the air was perfect and the track was prepped great as always this night.

razyracer

Established Member
you pulled those 60fts on stock tires? that is unbelievable.. WOW!! :coolman: :thumbsup:

racerage7

Established Member
Yea that was on the stock tires with 26 psi on them.I leave at about 2700rpm and slip the clutch out of the hole. Ive tried lower and higher pressure but 26 worked the best. I tried leaving around 3000 a couple of times but it produced wheel hop but the 60ft was still in the low 1.9s. What really helps on the 60 is to go out there with a full tank of gas. I know thats a lot of weight but its over the rear half shafts.Ive tried it with half to a quarter and they are almost always mid to low 2s. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread