just installed clutch and flywheel = no engagement at all

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
hey lethal i put in the spec 2+ clutch and spec flywheel with the ldc freeplay mod. need to finish up the fiore quadrant and firewall adjuster tomorrow. but the question is with all the stock cable stuff there was no engagement at all of the clutch. the throwout bearing is barely moving the fingers. i kind of expected it to work with the stock stuff so i could at least get it out of the shop i was doing the work out of but no dice on that one. i want to say it looks lik there is 3/8 of an inchto 1/2 inch between the throwout bearing and the fingers looking thru the bottom of the tranny in the removable clutch cover area. i called today sep 3 and the lady i talked to said that it happens quite frequently for their to be no clutch engagement without using the aftermarket adjusters and such. is this pretty much everyones consensus with aftermarket clutches? anyhow i will get the fiore parts installed tomorrow and i hope that fixes the problem.

also on a side note i would highly suggest a lil bit more r&d on the quadrant setup. it would have been very nice to have the proper spacers / shims for the quadrant included in the package. there are a few threads with that info. i had to stop last night because of no shims for the quadrant.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...lly-installed-fiore-fw-adjuster-quadrant.html

Last edited:

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
by the way thanks for the help and the ultrafast shipping on all of the parts, and the hook up on the cool lethal shirt my wife was uber jealous she didnt get one but we got that taken care of for her a few days later. was very impressed with the customer service. i have ordered a lot of parts from you guys and its always the same speedy info and call backs if needed.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You definitely need the adjuster to get that clutch working properly. There's no way to do it with the stock stuff. Once you install the adjuster and quadrant you'll be able to tighten and loosen the cable to get the TOB where it needs to be.

In regards to the quadrant and it's needing a spacer we include (1) nylon spacer with every quadrant. If you didn't receive one I apologize. They are pre-packaged by the manufacturer so it's possible that they forgot to put one in the packaging. You can use a few washers like Kevin mentions in the thread you linked in your post.

Besides that once you've got that stuff installed and adjuster properly your problems will be gone.

Thanks a bunch for the support as well! We appreciate it. If you have any other questions you know where to reach us.

Thanks, Jared

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
the washers u need are 1/2 inch. they cost like 10 cents a peice at the hardware store.

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
yah i got the one nylon peice but you need the setup like in the thread for a good quality feel without sloppiness on the quadrant but thanks for the info.

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
yah i picked up the washers was just saying would be nice to have it included in the kit. so i didnt have to run to the store to get the right peices if you know what i mean

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
i mentioned it because when i did that setup in my 03, i went through the same thing and i found i was able to stack just enough of those washers on there till i was barely able to get the pin back in.

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
the quadrant and firewall adj. worked like a charm all is well and the car is on the road again thanks lethal!

new problem though i see my firewall is flexing quite a bit now i think i need to look into the mod to fix that now.

Users who are viewing this thread