Just Installed Extended Wheel Studs... Should I Remove Anti Seize?

SBVERT03

Established Member
Hey guys,

So tonight I installed some Moroso extended wheel studs on all 4 corners. They pulled in great and the install was very easy. After doing some research on this site and some others, I decided to use some anti seize while pulling them on. Not only did I hear that it would help with the install, but that it also may help the studs resist rusting in the future. However, I also read some people saying it wasn't safe, so I'm looking for more opinions. There is still some left on the studs, and I'm wondering if I should try to take it off.

If so, what's the best way to get it off? Will a good blast of water do the trick?

Also, if you do suggest removing it, is there anything I can put on the ends of the studs that are exposed to prevent rusting? (I should have probably just went with ARP's, but I didn't want to deal with drilling out the front hubs).

Thanks guys!

94slowbra1

Established Member
I just installed some wheel studs too. But I used arp's and I didn't use antisieze. I wouldn't worry about it, just wipe it with a clean cloth.

John M

Blue Oval
Established Member
antisieze is really meant for that ( parts that thread on and off a lot) if you don't take your wheels off a lot your fine I worked at a tire shop in highschool and we put it on every car with no issues from just the antisieze JMO

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I have antisieze on mine..

Leave it, unless you want them to rust and look terrible. Just check them everyone in a while if your worried about it. I have mine off so often that its really not a huge concern for me.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
As said , leave it on and give it a touch up whenever you have your wheels off .

Water will not wash off anti-seize , it is a petroleum based product.

Users who are viewing this thread