Just installed Magnagflow Catback -- Magnifico !!

bluecoupdegrace

Established Member
Had my SVT Dealer install my Magnaflow catback (15644) today. Charged me $150. Couldn't wait to pick it up.

When I did, and turned on the ignition, a beautiful sound hit my eardrums, and my son laughed out load at the look of delight on my face.

Now I remember vividly what it was like to drive my Mach I 428 CJ. I feel like I'm seventeen again. The sound from my tailpipes actually makes it "feel" like the torque is now in command. I feel like I am enveloped in power from front to back of the vehicle. Or so it seems to this happy slob.

Can't wait to get back to Crazy Horse for another dyno run.

Next step: Which CAI should I get !!???

No man should be allowed to have this much fun !! I actually went cruzin' for ricers for about 15 minutes, but then the old man in me told me to take the car home, park it in the driveway, and give thanks at how g.d. lucky I am to be livin' in a time and place that allows such incredible things to happen.

Thank you God.

lethal

Established Member
Good deal. I expect to buy the Magnaflow catback as well. Are you going to get the x-pipe eventually?

Also, as far as Cold Air Kits, I'd like to look at the Amazon Racing Kit. I'm a little perplexed with their website. I'd like to know exactly what their kit is, price, and pictures (hint, hint to anyone out there with one). Also, if someone did a before and after dyno that woul be interesing as well.

I'm looking VERY forward to your before/after dyno results.

Congrats!

Last edited:

bluecoupdegrace

Established Member
My goal for now is 400 RWHP...hopefully will get there with the catback and appropriate CAI kit.

That's what my SVT dealer has said he'll allow and still honor the warranty.

Hope to convince him to allow headers and a X-pipe further down the road. (Although he probably would allow the X-Pipe now).

I don't yet have the balls or the abandon to say the hell with the warranty and go the chip and pulley route....yet.

lethal

Established Member
Me either. My plan (as of now, pending decisions)-

1. Hood liner mod (done).
2. Remove snorkel (done).
3. Cat back (Magnaflow).
4. Cold Air (Looking at Amazon Racing's).
5. X-pipe with cats (again, Magnaflow).

With this, hoping for 400/400

After warrenty or feeling frisky and say screw it-

1. Longtubes.
2. 3.10 pulley
3. 4.10 or 4.30 gears
4. Chip tuned for above mods (custom).

Don't know about the final numbers, but I hope for 500/500.

and I'm sure a bunch of other bolt on things can be done. I'm sure I'll end up with an aftermarket shifter as well.

Boomer

Established Member
I have magaflow catback on mine,,love the sound.This week I put on a ram air setup from Johnny Lightning.The boost gauge hits 10 now :D ,made quite a differance

3rdstang

Established Member
Hey Boomer you dont happen to have the individual part number for the air filter that is included in that JLP ram air setup do you? I am looking to buy just the filter and need either the size or the part number for it.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
If anybody in DFW wants a Catback installed on their 03 Cobra and is willing to pay $150.00 for it, let me know.

That's a lot of money for for wrenching on 4 bolts :shrug:

Glad you like it though. I'm sure getting it done by the dealer was a good move too, but $150 :eek:

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
I was about to say the same thing....

Anyone in South Eastern Arizona needs a bolt on catback put on their Cobra... holler... I'll do it for $75.

I can see spending money to have it put on if you don't have access to a lift.....

Fortunately I do... thru the Post Craft Shop. It is a remarkably easy job to do when you can stand under the car and do it.

Having to lay under the car with it on jackstands would be no fun for my old ass!

bluecoupdegrace

Established Member
Well, being somewhat gouged for labor costs at your friendly local dealer is nothing new...tempted to try it myself...but didn't have the time or experience...and I am happy with it.

Also, trying to stay on the good side of my dealer...I have a Mach I on order with him.

Bry 03 Cobra

Established Member
concerning your RWHP numbers, I pulled 399.3 with only the Magnaflow catback, and K&N w/silencer removed. with a Diablo chip it pulled 420. The chip wasnt mine, Tested it for a freind. That will be my next mod.
Bryan

BTW, where you from??

nduction03

Established Member
:shrug:
Hey DFW....anyone know a decent place to get magnaflows installed in DFW? Hate to go to dealer, also hate to go to "Bobs Welding and Cattle Fences". Know what I mean?

Also, anyone have any problems with taking your Cobra to a non SVT Ford Dealer for service? My local dealer basicaly fixes trunks.....looks that way from the garage anyway...lol

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by nduction03
:shrug:
Hey DFW....anyone know a decent place to get magnaflows installed in DFW? Hate to go to dealer, also hate to go to "Bobs Welding and Cattle Fences". Know what I mean?

Also, anyone have any problems with taking your Cobra to a non SVT Ford Dealer for service? My local dealer basicaly fixes trunks.....looks that way from the garage anyway...lol

Dude... :p

The MagnaFlow is a straight bolt in.... there is no need to weld anything....

My buddy here in Arizona put his on in his driveway.... I have access to a lift so I used that. (actually he has access to the same lift.. but I won't go there)

So... if you have hand tools... a little patience... helps to have a second set of hands to help eye-ball and adjust so everything hangs evenly... this is definately an install yourself setup. It would be like throwing money away to pay someone. (If I you were here I'd let you take me out to dinner in exchange for putting the exhaust on for you.. and McDonald's wouldn't be short changing me... really)

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> Which CAI should I get !!???

Wait for the BBK Y-CAI. Then decide between it, the Densecharger, or the JLP Twin Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread