Just Installed Pro 5.0 w/MGW

Matt03Snake

Established Member
Well, I just finished installing my new Pro 5.0 with the MGW handle. A little noisier, but the smooth shifting is MORE than worth it. Took about 1 hour to install, set the stops, and set the handle. What can I say? Feels great to shift! :thumbsup:

One problem I am having is my clutch throw out bearing is starting to sqeal. From what I've heard, this is a problem with the design of the clutch cable and tension. I really dread taking my Cobra to be worked on by any dealer around here(already been to two). Would it be better to go ahead and upgrade the clutch, replace the TOB, install an aftermarket quadrant and cable adjuster? Who all has done this? I've heard Spec thrown around a lot here. Is that very streetable? This is my daily driver.

Thanks,
--Matt

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Im in the same boat as you. As soon as I installed the shifter last week, I can hear something squeeking like crazy while im driving now. Taking it in next week.

BlueOvalBill

Established Member
I've got the same shifter, handle, and TOB squeal. :) Although, my TOB squeal didn't show up until several months after the PRO 5.0 was installed.

I took mine into the dealer today for the TOB squeal. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Matt03Snake

Established Member
Look forward to seeing how it turns out for you, Bill. Do you think they will give any grief over the shifter? I know it sounds silly, but from some of the stories I've heard, it wouldn't surprise me.

Users who are viewing this thread