Just installed some sequential tail lights

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
I just installed a pair of sequential tail light harnesses on my GT500 and they look sweeeeeeet!

Bought them on e-bay for about 154.00 including shipping.... pretty easy install, just pull the light covers off and change the bulbs over to the new wiring harnesses and plug them in (hardest part was removing the shaker 1000 sub woofer box in back which really wasn't bad - about 5 bolts).

Step on the brakes now and it looks like the old 68 Couger tail lights since they light up in sequence from the inner most to middle to outer most light (1-2-3) and then stay solid. If you have a turn signal activated that side will continue to falsh progressively (1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3) while the other stays solid.

I like them and I haven't seen any cars here with them yet so I am stoked.

Gets peoples attention behind you and I definately noticed that they don't tailgate me as much as before ( I hate people behind me that want to be 2" from my bumper at a light :mj: ) because it kind of wakes them up out of their driving slumber and shocks them.

Also ordered a tune from Justin today (woooohooo = no top speed limiter anymore) and awaiting my JLT CAI.

Things are looking up!!!!

It must be Christmas! :banana:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Very nice little mod on the Mustangs. I've had them on my cars for years, I get all kinds of people pointing at my tail lamps.
Were these from Webelectric Products by chance? That's where I've bought all of mine and they've been an excellent c0ompany to deal with.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
GETTEUP said:
Very nice little mod on the Mustangs. I've had them on my cars for years, I get all kinds of people pointing at my tail lamps.
Were these from Webelectric Products by chance? That's where I've bought all of mine and they've been an excellent c0ompany to deal with.

I got them on e-bay from Apex Motorsports, here's the link (these are the high quality ones not the cheapo's out there on the market).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...001QQitemZ110051811880QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
sounds dangerous and possibly confusing to other drivers
I thought sequential lights just came on when turning (1-2-3) and so on but I bet it looks bad ass none the less!

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Last edited:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
chuckstang said:
I thought sequential lights just came on when turning (1-2-3) and so on but I bet it looks bad ass none the less!

not at all. the turn signals sequence when you turn them on and the brake light ALL sequence once when you apply the brakes................pretty cool actually and a definate attention getter for those that are napping at the wheel

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
chuckstang said:

It's safer I think because people don't ride your bumper with these. They figure them out once they see your turn signal activated and I had several people praise them at stop lights on my first drive with them.

I remember when I was a kid my aunt had a 68 Couger and I used to always search traffic in front of us for another one because I loved to watch the tail lights moving.

I still love em!

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
GETTEUP said:
those are the cdc dynamite sticks or something like that. they are really noticable on the 05 and up mustangs with those big light panels
Yep, CDC dynamite sticks, you got it!

DYNOMITE!!

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
1BADGT500 said:
Yep, CDC dynamite sticks, you got it!

DYNOMITE!!

Is that your car in the avatar? If so, you have to post up some pics, that's my favorite color combo

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
GETTEUP said:
Is that your car in the avatar? If so, you have to post up some pics, that's my favorite color combo

Yes it is, thanks!

I tried to post some pics but it always gives me an error message saying that the file is too large. Even when I try to size the pics smaller I get this message.

Might be because I chose the highest resolution when I took them and the files are large.

My wife is on vacation and took the camera with her and won't be back until Nov. 30th so I can't take any recent ones until then.

I have picks of the car when I bought it new but I don't have any since my 5% tint went on.

I'll try again to post some tomorrow, I have to go to work soon.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
SteveEvo8 said:
Wow that sounds awesome... Get a vid if possible!

Steve

I learned how to take vids with my digital camera but I can't seem to download them onto my computer (I'm not the greatest at reading and following directions since I have no time)... I'll work on it and see if I can get one up soon.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
1BADGT500 said:
Yes it is, thanks!

I tried to post some pics but it always gives me an error message saying that the file is too large. Even when I try to size the pics smaller I get this message.

Might be because I chose the highest resolution when I took them and the files are large.

My wife is on vacation and took the camera with her and won't be back until Nov. 30th so I can't take any recent ones until then.

I have picks of the car when I bought it new but I don't have any since my 5% tint went on.

I'll try again to post some tomorrow, I have to go to work soon.

Photobucket automatically resizes for you and then you just copy and paste the IMG link below the picture into your post here to post up the pics. Just trying to help since I want to see them pics too :pepper: :banana:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Old shelbys had them as well as cougars and t-birds I believe. Ordered some for my brothers 02 gt a couple years back and he loves em, you wouldn't think it would set it that far apart but you can tell from a mile away who is who at night.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I've wanted to get a set for mine. I had a 70 cougar XR7 and loved the tail lights. got lots of attention.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
I guess it worked this time.... thanks guys!!

GETTEUP said:
Image Test

HPIM0096.jpg

IMG]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/1BADGT500/HPIM0087.jpg[/IMG]
HPIM0088.jpg

HPIM0090.gif

HPIM0091.gif

HPIM0098.jpg

HPIM0086.jpg

I'll take some more pics as soon as my wife comes back with the camera end of this month.... 5% tint, FRPP's etc...

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
1BADGT500-those pics are awesome! Thanks for posting those. that car is black is my FAVORITE hands down.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
GETTEUP said:
1BADGT500-those pics are awesome! Thanks for posting those. that car is black is my FAVORITE hands down.
Hey no problem GETTEUP, thanks for getting me inspired enough to post them!
More pics coming soon!

Right now I'm going to check my mail and see if my tune is here!!

Later!

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
chuckstang said:
nice pix!
but i want to see some vids of gt500s with these turn signals

Thanks and sorry Chuckstang, can't do it now because my wife is on vacation until the end of the month and she took the camera with her! :(
I will after she comes home if no one else posts some 1st

Users who are viewing this thread