just installed viper spec t56 *PICS* + Questions!

KB281JD

Established Member
so, just installed my new viper spec t56 in my GT! also did 26 spline zoom stage 2.5 clutch, fidenza billet steel flywheel, and alum. driveshaft.

took it out for a drive and am getting some 'chatter' starting from a stop. will this go away after the clutch is broken in? its a zoom stage 2.5 kevlar clutch. i also installed everything to ford racing's detailed install instructions..

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2089.jpg

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
It can be chatter, or it can be just the fact that it's a beefy clutch. You cannot slip heavy duty clutches without feeling some sort of shake ...grab and go.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
random question for you man. Does your reverse lockout work like normal on your t56? I just remember reading somewhere that GT's with a t56 swap have to compromise and not have a reverse lockout??? sorry about the dumb question btw. this has always discouraged me from doing a t56 swap thats why i ask.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
random question for you man. Does your reverse lockout work like normal on your t56? I just remember reading somewhere that GT's with a t56 swap have to compromise and not have a reverse lockout??? sorry about the dumb question btw. this has always discouraged me from doing a t56 swap thats why i ask.

I had to put a switch in my center console to deactivate the lockout when I want to go into reverse.

4stang6

Established Member
i did a swap on mine before... instead of hooking up the lockout switch to the brake pedal switch like your supposed to..I took part the lockout switch,removed the lockout part,installed a beefy spring with a check ball and just made it to where i had to apply more pressure to go into reverse instead of just waiting for the lockout solenoid to disingage...worked damn well

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
It can be chatter, or it can be just the fact that it's a beefy clutch. You cannot slip heavy duty clutches without feeling some sort of shake ...grab and go.

this..my spec 3+ has a little chatter.

I don't have the "switch" on my car and getting into reverse isn't bad. I actually like it...you'll never go from 4th to reverse..lol

KB281JD

Established Member

i have nothing hooked up to it now and its not really a big deal getting it in reverse... i'm waiting to do a module once the guy gets the bugs worked out of it. (it acts just like the stock PCM)

HI-OCTANE

Established Member
Looks good! I plan on doing a similar swap on mine with the Magnum T56 soon. How long did the install take and how much fabrication was involved?

KB281JD

Established Member
Looks good! I plan on doing a similar swap on mine with the Magnum T56 soon. How long did the install take and how much fabrication was involved?

took a few days...mostly waiting on parts. 0 fabrication is involved! there are company's such as D&D* that make the kits that go in GT's. just lengthen reverse light wires is about the only 'custom' work, haha.

*D&D's customer service is not all that great! guy kinda has an attitude so be fair warned.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
My spec chatters. It never went away after break-in. The centerforce DFX is awesome if you want a good clutch that won't chatter.

HI-OCTANE

Established Member
took a few days...mostly waiting on parts. 0 fabrication is involved! there are company's such as D&D* that make the kits that go in GT's. just lengthen reverse light wires is about the only 'custom' work, haha.

*D&D's customer service is not all that great! guy kinda has an attitude so be fair warned.

I was planning on going with D&D's kit. If all parts were available could a transmission shop do it in one day?

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I had to put a switch in my center console to deactivate the lockout when I want to go into reverse.

i did a swap on mine before... instead of hooking up the lockout switch to the brake pedal switch like your supposed to..I took part the lockout switch,removed the lockout part,installed a beefy spring with a check ball and just made it to where i had to apply more pressure to go into reverse instead of just waiting for the lockout solenoid to disingage...worked damn well

I don't have the "switch" on my car and getting into reverse isn't bad. I actually like it...you'll never go from 4th to reverse..lol

thanks for the replies guys, i like to have info like this for future reference.
Op sorry about hijacking your thread :beer:

straightliner1

Established Member

I don't have the lockout solenoid hooked up and damn - if I had anymore resistance when trying to get into reverse I'd break my wrist! Not sure if it's because my shifter is short (Pro 5.0) or the fact it's not worn in but I see NO need for an electrical lockout on my setup.

Users who are viewing this thread