just learned something about skinnys and cobra brakes

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
ok. so i have told a few people on here that 3.5" welds will fit fine up front with a 1/2" spacer and some longer studs. well, they will, just so long as your brake pads are about half worn. today i replaced my pads and rotors. when i bolted up my wheel, i noticed they wouldnt turn. yea, thats a problem. :bash: the caliper and the wheel were "touching" ok. they werent touching, they were pressed against each other pretty damn tightly. so, to be 1) cheap and 2)a partial redneck, i pulled my old pads back out, and installed the best one on the wheel side of the caliper. this is going to work for me, because im not sure about everyones, but my calipers wear out the inside pads long before the outside ones go. the pads i re-installed still had about 50% left, so i think it will work. sorry if anyone has listened to me, and been frustrated by my missinformation :beer:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
03InThe11s said:
ok. so i have told a few people on here that 3.5" welds will fit fine up front with a 1/2" spacer and some longer studs. well, they will, just so long as your brake pads are about half worn. today i replaced my pads and rotors. when i bolted up my wheel, i noticed they wouldnt turn. yea, thats a problem. :bash: the caliper and the wheel were "touching" ok. they werent touching, they were pressed against each other pretty damn tightly. so, to be 1) cheap and 2)a partial redneck, i pulled my old pads back out, and installed the best one on the wheel side of the caliper. this is going to work for me, because im not sure about everyones, but my calipers wear out the inside pads long before the outside ones go. the pads i re-installed still had about 50% left, so i think it will work. sorry if anyone has listened to me, and been frustrated by my missinformation :beer:
Great info,,, I run a 3/4 inch spacer on my Baers to clear the brakes... this works with brand new pads, so maybe you just want to buy a 1/4 spacer to add on to your 1/2 or get some new spacers... just for your info... ;-)

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
well, i could do that, but, for one, im just not sure about using 3/4" of spacers up front. it would probably be fine, but before i did that, i would buy some 1" spacers with integrated studs. :beer: plus, its easier to just keep the best old pads in the wheel side of the caliper :rolling:

i just wanted to let the few i have told 1/2" spacers work up front with these skinnys know i was wrong. oops :)

Goo

I am also purchasing the 3.5 welds for the front. I'm hearing I need a 1" spacer and longer studs? Do I then need open ended lug nuts? Does the spacer make the wheel look like rice? In other words (will it stick out passed the fender?)

Users who are viewing this thread