Just ordered a pulley/tuner combo

zimm17

Shelbyless
Established Member
Bummer- the SCT is not working. The keypad doesn't respond at all. Called/emailed Justin (waiting on a reply) and also just talked to SCT. They gave me an RMA number to return the unit to see if they can fix it. Ugggg... glad I tried the flash before swapping pulleys.

Update: Mailed the SCT programmer back to SCT. They said 7-10 days to turn it around.

Last edited:

Genius

Established Member
So you got it from VMP and the key pad did not work from day 1?
Then had to send it back to SCT?

zimm17

Shelbyless
Established Member
So you got it from VMP and the key pad did not work from day 1?
Then had to send it back to SCT?

Correct. It turned on, but the keys would do nothing. Called SCT and they said to return it (with a 7-10 day turn-around). If they have to replace the unit, Justin will have to email me the tunes. I'm so glad I didn't swap pulleys first! I'd be out of a car for 2 weeks.

The SCT guy said it could just be the wire going to the keypad. But there's a "warranty void" sticker over the unit, so if I opened it myself, it would void.

Last edited:

zimm17

Shelbyless
Established Member
Update- SCT has sent a package to me- scheduled to arrive on the 30th. Still waiting to hear if it's the original tuner with the tunes till loaded, or if they had to send a new unit, in which case I'll have load the tunes via email from Justin.

zimm17

Shelbyless
Established Member
Update- the keyboard was disconnected inside the tuner. I got it back today and did the install.

Took it out for a test drive- OHMYF'NGOD is this thing a BEAST now. Thank you Justin! Now I have a muscle car!

What kind of horsepower do you think I'm putting out (for braggin rights)? Air-aid filter, pulley, tune on a 2012...

Kenneth

Established Member
From what I've been reading, with Email tune, air filter, pulley you should be around 535-540 range.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm sitting in one right now after swapping the pulley and tuning it, went from 473 to 540 in 94F heat.

Sorry about your issues with the tuner, if SCT had not taken care of it I would have sent you a new one when I got back from vacation.

You could have ran the pulley on the stock tune and been fine.

Users who are viewing this thread