just ordered the predator and have ?

04silversnake

Established Member
I just ordered today the predator. I got it from steeda.com since it was $359.95 and it said it was a special price, at least, lower than other sites in the web. Do you guys think it is a good deal? Or it would have been better getting it from someone else that may cost slightly more, but provide free custom tunes. I am planning on adding a pulley, but not righ now, sometime in the future. This is new to me, i never dealt with the car's computer before. I want to hear your opinions on this and the preprogramed tune that comes in it.

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
Get a custom tune. The predator pulley tune is lacking at best. You can use the predator to transfer a custom tune to your car, its pretty easy. Since you are in Florida, just go to RWTD.

04silversnake

Established Member
Originally posted by Narcosynthesis
Get a custom tune. The predator pulley tune is lacking at best. You can use the predator to transfer a custom tune to your car, its pretty easy. Since you are in Florida, just go to RWTD.
Will I feel a noticeable difference in power with the preprogramed tune since I dont have a pulley but the stock one? Will I need a tune anyway?

davidwhitt

Established Member
Good price but you need to get a custom tune for it - the Performance tune on the Predator made my car very lean (unsafe) with just K&N FIPK and full Magnaflow exhaust - had to add 5% more fuel until I was able to get a custom tune from Rick at Amazon Racing - He is the "man" for a custom tune - worth the 6 hour round trip from Richmond to his shop or you can go the mail order route with Amazon

lifter213

Established Member
Should have spent alittle more and got it from someone that offers the free custom tunes. I did the same as you and if i had it to do over again i'd get it from James from RWTD.

speedtigger

Established Member
Originally posted by 04silversnake
I just ordered today the predator. I got it from steeda.com since it was $359.95 and it said it was a special price, at least, lower than other sites in the web. Do you guys think it is a good deal? Or it would have been better getting it from someone else that may cost slightly more, but provide free custom tunes. I am planning on adding a pulley, but not righ now, sometime in the future. This is new to me, i never dealt with the car's computer before. I want to hear your opinions on this and the preprogramed tune that comes in it.

Return it if it is not too late Silver Snake!!!!!!

Buy it from a company that gives free custom tunes with purchase.

Amazon, Johnny Lightning etc.

Learn from those of us who have bought the predator and then had to spend another 2-300 to make it actually work!!!:beer:

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I am not wanting to get you down on the Predator, but I was once as you are now. I found the best deal on the Predator, and bought it expecting big performance gains based on their marketing and DYNO PROOF! :bored: I installed the performance tune before I got my pulley installed and took it to the dyno. A/F ratios were horrible, timing was at 25 degrees advance :eek: and to top it all off - I could barely get over 400 rwhp and 380 torque. This was a 25+ loss over my SAFE non-predator tune. Needless to say, I was pissed that I spent $400 to loose power. But hey, at least I could eliminate the shift light :bored: Put the Pulley on, and tried the Predator pulley tune - it was almost as bad! I had to use the MAFterburner to adjust the fuel on the top end so much, I was pegging the MAF sensor at 5500 RPMs and my A/F made a steady rise up to 14:1 @ 6200 RPMs. I took my DenseCharger off and put a drop in K&N filter in the stock airbox and this seemed to help my A/F ratios, but I also lost 2 lbs of boost doing so. After messing with the timing and fuel tables (and getting a K&N FIPK setup) I am FINALLY close to where I think I should be with my mods.

If I had to do it all over again, I would spend a little extra and buy from Amazon or RWTD as they have awesome tuners and provide custom tunes to customers who buy the Predator from them. I wasted two dyno sessions trying to tune the damn "in box" tunes that would have been better served getting a good custom tune. Learn from our mistakes. ;-) With the right tune, the Predator is a great tool.

Good luck,
Dan

04silversnake

Established Member
thanks for your replies. I will take your advise, and I will call steeda and cancel the order. Dont think it been shipped yet. I was not very happy with the fact they din not ofer any custom tunes. Is there a telephone number for RWTD I can reach him, maybe he can help me. I read many good commets and peaple very satisfied from his tunes.

speedtigger

Established Member
Originally posted by 04silversnake
thanks for your replies. I will take your advise, and I will call steeda and cancel the order. Dont think it been shipped yet. I was not very happy with the fact they din not ofer any custom tunes. Is there a telephone number for RWTD I can reach him, maybe he can help me. I read many good commets and peaple very satisfied from his tunes.

Try rick instead. [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread