Just picked up a 96

CustomX

Established Member
Alright, I just picked up a 96 cobra about a week ago. Traded my old integra shell for the car. I was told that it had low compression in the cylinders due to having an aftermarket fuel pump and it washed out the rings :??: ... No biggie I intend to build the motor anyways so as long as theres no loud knocks and the bodys in good shape Ill go for it. The other day I did a compression test. The right bank varied from 160-190 and the left bank was shot. Number 5 was 60 and the rest were 30 LOL. What should I look for when pulling the car apart? The old owner put new head gaskets and all on it and Im hoping he put the timing chain on right and didnt fudge up any valves

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Maybe the cams on the low side are just not degreed properly. You might get lucky and be able to get the compression up on that bank just by checking the timing chain and stuff. It seems kind of weird that only one side of the engine has low compression.

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
do a cylinder leakage test to see where the compression is going. its either going through the exhaust or intake valves or rings.

Users who are viewing this thread