Just picked up an 03 Cobra ;-)

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
A lot. lol

I first want to do mid-pipe and cat-back. Just trying to decide on which combo. Any suggestions?

If you want catted I say a magnaflow or bassini mid catted midpipe with the borla stinger catback, no cats use a magnaflow xpipe and the magnaflow cat back. The borla is loud but sounds good with cats, the magnaflow is not to loud in the offroad form but sounds clean. Also both of those kits are stainless steel and can be highly polished.:rockon:

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Welcome and great purchase! You now have a new life of hunting down Corvettes, paranoia of police (get a radar detector) and dreaming of Mods!!!

Exhaust: If you like loud as hell and wickedly raspy: Bassani O/R X and Borla CB...
If you like deep, throaty old school: MRT catted H and Magnaflow CB

CAI: JLT!

The Sync

VTAK!
Established Member
Welcome and great purchase! You now have a new life of hunting down Corvettes, paranoia of police (get a radar detector) and dreaming of Mods!!!

Exhaust: If you like loud as hell and wickedly raspy: Bassani O/R X and Borla CB...
If you like deep, throaty old school: MRT catted H and Magnaflow CB

CAI: JLT!

Thanks man! You nailed it all dead on! I just need some more money to mod this bad boy.

I really do like the sound of the MRT catted H and the Bassani catback. Is MRT a pretty notable brand?

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Everyone has their own opinion on what exhaust sounds good. Some of the combos listed in this thread sound great to me, while others sound like hammered dog shit.

Start here:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316340

Then go out to the meets, find Terminators that sound good to you, and ask what they have. The sound preference should outweigh the minimal power differences between the brands.

EDIT: Might be worth a trip to Houston: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516253

Last edited:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
03cobrarocks
03 torch red cobra coupe
upr o/r x pipe,steeda cat back, jlt cai, steeda tri-ax,built solid axle w/3.73s ,centerforce dfx clutch, 26 spline, 2.8 pulley,lfp heat exchanger, lfp i/r,raptor shift light, subframe connectors, H&R race springs

What about the engine? I see you have a solid rear. Why?

I am not quiet sure what you are hinting at or questioning about. I have a solid rear becuase I wanted to shed some weight, I hate wheel hop and I mostly do straight line performance. If that does not answer you question then pm and I will be happy to accomidate you

The Sync

VTAK!
Established Member
Everyone has their own opinion on what exhaust sounds good. Some of the combos listed in this thread sound great to me, while others sound like hammered dog shit.

Start here:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316340

Then go out to the meets, find Terminators that sound good to you, and ask what they have. The sound preference should outweigh the minimal power differences between the brands.

EDIT: Might be worth a trip to Houston: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516253

Thanks. And you should know who this is. Greg used to live down the street from me :-D

Last edited:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Thanks. And you should know who this is. Greg used to live down the street from me :-D
I figured, we never ended up going out Sunday night. This Saturday night should be good though. The meet at Firewheel mall at 8.

The Sync

VTAK!
Established Member
I figured, we never ended up going out Sunday night. This Saturday night should be good though. The meet at Firewheel mall at 8.

Yeah, I thought you either didn't end up going out or just forgot to call.

This saturday night I would be down. Just text or call.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
nice cobra!!!

i have a bassani x-pipe and magnaflow cat back for sale if you want some exhaust.
im located in houston. PM me if you are interested

Users who are viewing this thread