Just polished my tail pipes (pics inside)

FST-HUH

Established Member
After bottle of metal polish/cleaner/sand paper and 2 hours of elbov grese here are the results.

Before: (focus on the tail pipes)
DSCF2773.jpg

AFTER: (difference between polished and non)
DSCF2988.jpg

Final Result:

DSCF2995.jpg

DSCF2993.jpg

DSCF2997.jpg

DSCF3004.jpg

:coolman:

ChameleonCobra

I blend in!
Established Member
^ I think you are talking about 04sleeper. His pipes are amazing. To the OP, Looks Good! That's about how mine turned out with about the same effort/time put into them.

FST-HUH

Established Member
you can do better.....i can't remember who had pics but they got em to a mirror finish using various grit sand paper

yeah I know the guy you are talking about. I am happy with what I got. If you look at the pics with how I bought it and how it is now. "no need for explanations"

This is what I've used:
Started off with 800 grit sand paper. Took off all of the road grime and big stuff
DSCF3013.jpg

than went onto a steel wool to get all of the rust out and scratches
DSCF3014.jpg

than metal cleaner and chrome polishes
DSCF3015.jpg

and a lot of elbow grease
DSCF3016.jpg

DSCF3019.jpg

:D:D:D

Last edited:

NETHNGBTSTK

Established Member
Sorry i hope I'm not steeling your thread dude but i was going to post this when i get them back on the car. I did this over the winter. Took 6 hours and ill never do it again but damn it payed off!! i love em.

Before
before_1.gif

After
after_1.gif

Side by Side
side_by_side_2.gif

Finished!!!
finished.gif

NETHNGBTSTK

Established Member
holy crap that looks better than new

thanks dude! yours look great too and i give you props for doing it while there on the car. No way i would do that. Mine took 3 hours each and the backache i had the next day was not worth it...well yeah maybe it was lol.

FST-HUH

Established Member
thanks dude! yours look great too and i give you props for doing it while there on the car. No way i would do that. Mine took 3 hours each and the backache i had the next day was not worth it...well yeah maybe it was lol.

I know what you mean, mine took 2 hours and I can't feel my arms. I just wanted them to look clean and that's what I got. I think you should make "how to's" thread on cleaning the pipes.

Auto

Established Member
that looks outstanding, amazing how the little details like that make a remarkable difference

...not to hijack the thread... but where did you find those ramps? I need some for my cobra too

FST-HUH

Established Member
that looks outstanding, amazing how the little details like that make a remarkable difference

...not to hijack the thread... but where did you find those ramps? I need some for my cobra too

Thanks man! I got them ramps at Auto Zone for like $30 and use them every week. I bought these like 4 years ago and they still sell them for the same price, I actually seen them today at store close to my home.

Users who are viewing this thread