Just saw UNITED 93...

VOD

Established Member
First off:
PLEASE LEAVE ALL POLITICAL BS AND CONSPIRACY THEORIES AT THE DOOR! THANKS!

I went into this movie thinking it was going to be like the A&E special, but i was wrong, very wrong.

Wow, pretty much is all i can say. This film is one of the most moving things i have ever seen. It literally felt like i was living that dreaded morning again, you are glued to the screen during the whole movie. Words really cant express the emotions you go through when you watch it, fear, sadness, anger, this movie sent chills down my spine and made my heart race. I spent about 5 minutes after the movie was done just trying to absorb everything this movie made me feel. One of my male co-workers was crying at the end, thats how powerful it was. The movie did an excellent job of portraying that chaotic day and showed what was happening behind the scenes with FAA, Air Traffic Control, the Military, and of course, the horrific events the passengers of United Airlines 93 went through. The scene when they try to retake the plane is probably one of the most suspenceful scenes i have ever sat through, i was on the edge of my seat.

This movie also surprised me since it made me incredibly angry, the four men brutally murder an older man, both the pilots, and an attendant while praising god, it made me quite disguisted but i was satisfied at the end when a number of the highjackers are brutally beaten to death :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: (Yay for dead muslim extremists!!!!!).

All in all this movie is an excellent peice, there is not politics or anything of that sort, its just a film showing the chaos, fear, and ultimatly the bravery of those passengers. This is one of those films that leave you speechless.

R.I.P. :(

LogiWorld123

Established Member
And just like Titanic, its a fictional story based in actual events- quite possibly polished for the silver screen.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Hey it never happened, just another government conspiracy.
I plan to see it myself. Heros who sacrificed all to stop mass murder on the ground.

texaswrx

Established Member
Just to add a note, all of the families agreed to the film. They also wanted only no-name actors, that resembled family members, to be in the film.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
BeyondLimitz said:
Male Co worker cried? :nonono:
I probably will too :cryying: but after losing some close friends to combat operations as the resultant of the bad guys actions it is just me being a pussy. The passengers really inspire me when I feel like throwing in the towel sometimes. "Let's roll!"

Last edited by a moderator:

I Eat Rice

Established Member
SVT GuY 281SC said:
I just don't see a point in re-living the past.

Not at all?

Just to play devil's advocate, then you might as well forget your best ET's and trap speeds because that is the past and is no more.

cobraless

Established Member
Hmm, I usually don't post anything too serious here, but I am going to weigh in on this... Even if the families agreed to the movie being made, I still think we need to remember that the people who made this movie are possibly capitalizing on American deaths that occured on 9/11. Do we REALLY need to rehash what happened only five years ago? Isn't this movie going to fuel the fire that is already burning out of control? It really just seems too soon. As an example, many (not all) of us CAN watch movies about people dying in WWII or Vietnam because we have been removed from those wars for years and years, but this seems so close to home for MANY of us.

Imho there is a gray area in between slutting the memory of innocent Americans to make a buck, and just paying tribute to them. I don't want to start an f'n holy war here so don't flame too hard but I'll put my suit on just in case. Comments? :beer:

Last edited:

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
SanDiego01Snake said:
I lost a family member on September 11th. I know for a fact I can't handle seeing this movie.
Sorry to hear it. I'll do my best to reduce their numbers on my next trip.

merfsiu

Established Member
cobraless said:
Hmm, I usually don't post anything too serious here, but I am going to weigh in on this... Even if the families agreed to the movie being made, I still think we need to remember that the people who made this movie are possibly capitalizing on American deaths that occured on 9/11. Do we REALLY need to rehash what happened only five years ago? Isn't this movie going to fuel the fire that is already burning out of control? It really just seems too soon. As an example, many (not all) of us CAN watch movies about people dying in WWII or Vietnam because we have been removed from those wars for years and years, but this seems so close to home for MANY of us.

Imho there is a gray area in between slutting the memory of innocent Americans to make a buck, and just paying tribute to them. I don't want to start an f'n holy war here so don't flame too hard but I'll put my suit on just in case. Comments? :beer:

+1

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
cobraless said:

When is exactly the right time to make a film? Are they going to make money, yes, are they going to embelish it? Yes. I mean Micheal Moore did a movie right afterwards. I look at the movie more as honoring those that fought back, a spirit that seems to be forgotten already, maybe it is time for the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
DaleM said:
I look at the movie more as honoring those that fought back, a spirit that seems to be fogotten already, maybe it is time for the movie.

+1.

I'm willing to bet that many Americans have forgotten what happened on 9/11. Much of America has reverted to the pre-9/11 mentality of feeling invincible. Only those who take an interest, even a slight one, in politics seem to carry the events of 9/11 in their hearts. I see it with the people I associate with going to class on campus, at work, etc. Some people have forgotten to remember 9/11.

Me? I have a huge poster in my apartment of the WTC Towers with a cloudless, blue sky as a backdrop. I also have an American flag hanging in my apartment window as a testament to my remembrance to those who died that day.

I feel this movie is necassary to keep ignorant, selfish people from forgetting what happened on 9/11.

65mph_Roll

Established Member
If you guys read the movie critics, who don’t necessarily praise the Hollywood glitz money-makers as the best movies, they are reporting that the movie is shockingly realistic and to-the-point accurate, a genuine account of the events with no cosmetic makeover of BS.

I’m thinking, don’t plan on being entertained: Plan on being pissed off. And rightfully so.

i.e. no embellishment

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread