Just spoke to Whipple!!!

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Xplicit
You'll be seeing alot of this in the market section, including mine....

FS: Kenne Bell Supercharger

No No. No changing! You just had to have the kenne bell and couldnt hold your wad, so thats what you have to use now! No changing to the whipple, not allowed! :nono:

:D j/k hehehehe

jonas

Established Member
well i have a kb and all my problems are supporting the hp not the kb, I have plenty of blower left with 17#'s.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Spoke with Whipple again yesterday. They told me their 03 cobra blower will be the 2.3L S/C. I was told they will have two castings, one of which will support a monoblade TB line the Accufab Big Oval. They told me the first 25 production units will be shipping at the end of this month.

I asked a few pointed questions. I told them that KB already had the 2.2L S/C kit on the market and asked how there's was going to be any different. They told me that there blower is 2 or 3 percent more efficient, but more importantly, where the air passage of KB reduces from 11 square inches to 4 square inches, their's maintains the 11 square inches all the way through. Now, I was pressed for time when we spoke, not taking notes, and have been very busy since yesterday. But this is the best that I can recall and what I thought I understood them to say. Please don't hold me too it if I messed something up here.

Apparantly, the unit are going to be made available through a speed shop that will be turning the units into kits with everything you need including tune, just like KB does. The speed shop is Razor's Edge in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. The owner there informed me that he has an exclusive contract with Whipple to sell their units.

I was very impressed with Razor's Edge and am excited about the prospect of having them install and custom tune a Whipple for my car. From what I can gather, pricing has not been fixed as of yet, but will be about $3400.00.

Razor's Edge is waiting to recieve the prototype unit this week so that they can start their R&D cycle to develope special tunes for different level performance kits.

Hopefully, by late Feb. the Whipples will be making their presence known on the 03 Cobras. If I go this route, as I am certainly planning, I'll try and shoot plenty of pics, do before and after dyno runs, and post it all.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
FYI-

I don't like to talk about shit I don't have yet since stuff happens then you look like an ass. (Even tho I have stingers, CAI, and other small shit sitting in my garage and no car yet)

But I am expecting to rec one of the 1st kits they roll off the line. I have been talking with Dustin over there and I'm just gonna break my car in with the whipple ~10psi then add boost after I put mileage on the car to ensure everything is ok with the motor.

I will post more as soon as I get it. Last I spoke with him it was 3-4 weeks away... we'll see.

Rog

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Good deal Wilson & Co. !!!! Knock on wood...with a little luck, mayby you and i will both avoid the "stuff happens" syndrome and have a Whipple very soon.

I'm very excited about it myself. In fact, if I can swing the $$$, I'm thinking about doing a HUGE mod package: Whipple, half shafts, injectors, and automatic transmission. I talked to the guy about shipping the car down and letting him get started on it, and then flying down for the tuning and driving it back up. I already have enough $$ for the whipple, but doing the automatic conversion and half shafts may have to wait for a little while.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Sounds like a pretty monster setup..

I just plan on doing it myself and waiting on a custom tune if the dyno shows a safe A/F at 10psi which from what I've seen it should.

Just gonna look stupid with the nice blower and a dinner plate blower pulley for a while!!!!!!!

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Does anyone know if this must be installed by the dealer? I really prefer to do my own work.
Will the blower be available seperately?

Dana

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
I believe this will come in a kit for the install-at-home amoung us just like the KB does. Afterall, I don't see everyone going to Ft. Lauderdale to get the install done. As for the 3.3L, I was told that they had problems making it fit under the hood.

Yes....gonna look funny with a dinner plat pulley! Don't think belt slip is going to be a problem for you!

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Hood issue aside, are the two blowers similar? If I was willing to mod or change my hood, would I be able to bolt up the 3.3 by using that head unit if it is available seperately or is there too much difference between them?

Dana

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
No. That was one of the first things I asked to. But the inlet and outlet deminsions are larger on the 3.3L. You would have to have a manifold espcially for the 3.3L. Call them up and talk to Dustin. I didn't go into details about the inability to fit the 3.3L on the 03 Cobra. He make astatement about the pulley and something else I didn't quite catch. With limited time, I didn't push that issue. Why bother? If they were saying it wouldn't fit and wouldn't be available.....that is that.

If you find something out, let us know.

stangfreak

Established Member
cmon whipple we need the 3.3L blower baby!!!!!!!! :rockon: i wonder if they do bring out the 3.3, if they will supply an upper intake as well.:burnout: just a thought

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Originally posted by stangfreak
cmon whipple we need the 3.3L blower baby!!!!!!!! :rockon: i wonder if they do bring out the 3.3, if they will supply an upper intake as well.:burnout: just a thought
Whipple already has the 3.3L blower available. I'm sure they would sell one too you if you wanted to pay someone to fabricate an intake for it. Since they said they couldn't manage to make it fit, I will take their word for it. Of course, maybe someone else can, or if you we willing to mod the hood....

Let us know how it all works out!

Users who are viewing this thread