Just tought Id share my buddies car with yall!

JMBLOWNWS6

Established Member
Sharing my buddies car with yall!

Since Im new here I have the privilege of doing the work and driving my buddies Ford GT! :coolman: This monster is sick! Im installing a new Spec clutch in it and a whipple is coming soon. Heres some pics of it. Im starting all this in the next week :coolman: The oil change was a bitch! Enuff talking here are some pics! BTW it is all stock! All I added was the accufab renforcement for the intake and K&N filters.

HPIM0854.jpg

HPIM0850.jpg

HPIM0856.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:

JMBLOWNWS6

Established Member
5.4 speedster said:
very cool. what are your thoughts on the build quality?

Really nice so far. The clutch let go on it allready. So we took it to ford and they gave him some bullshit about racing it :nonono: So they tried to void the warranty on the car :bs: So we called some persons in high places and the warranty was not voided, But my buddy told them to put it back together the way it came in. So we are getting ready to get this badboy back on the streets. After driving it I was amazed. It handles like its on rails. The oil change in this car is a nightmare. Some of the body panels have to be taken off in a certain order with the car barley jacked up. Then we made special pucks to jack up the car. You cannot take some panels off while its in the air. This car is so solid it dances on the lift when its being lifted up. Talk about nervous! All in all its a great car and a work of art. I did get in it for the first time and when I closed the door I hit the top of my head :whine: LOL

JMG

Last edited:

californiacuda

Established Member
Nice color, look for some stickier tires after the Whipple. In 1st and 2nd the stock tires can blown off at will.

ROCMAN

Big Boned!
Established Member
I dont remember pulling any body panels for the oil change.
What panels are you referring to? Yes, it is a bitch. You have 2 or 3 bottom panels to remove, but I remember having the car 5 feet in the air for that.

JMBLOWNWS6

Established Member
ROCMAN said:
What panels are you referring to? Yes, it is a bitch. You have 2 or 3 bottom panels to remove, but I remember having the car 5 feet in the air for that.

Sorry I meant the lower panels. BTW where can I get SCT for this car. :coolman:

Nevermind I got it all sqaured away :)

Last edited:

Lightningfr

Banned
ROCMAN said:
haha ive seen you driving in cyn country
ever been to sand canyon paint and hardware ?
i was the kid who use to work there
now working at the faa

nice car :beer:

ROCMAN

Big Boned!
Established Member
Lightningfr said:
haha ive seen you driving in cyn country
ever been to sand canyon paint and hardware ?
i was the kid who use to work there
now working at the faa

nice car :beer:

I have never gone in, but I pass it everyday. What's the faa?
I live in Sand Canyon, off of Live Oak Springs.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
shoand03cobra said:
I tought gt had a whipple from the factory????????????

Nope....the eaton...kinda like the 03/04 and last model Lightnings did, only it's bigger.

My friend's told me that you need to take the undercarriage panels off as well.

These cars really do handle amazing!!!...and yes, watch the head while you're getting out. :-D

ROCMAN

Big Boned!
Established Member
shoand03cobra said:
I tought gt had a whipple from the factory????????????

It comes with a Lysholm twin screw supercharger. Whipple used to use parts from Lysholm, but it is not a Whipple. The Whipple is a lot larger than the stock Lysholm.

ROCMAN

Big Boned!
Established Member
snake134 said:
ROCMAN, is it just me, or are your rear wheels much bigger then your front ones?

The rears are 22", and the fronts are 20". The picture makes it look bigger than it really is. The rolling diameter is the same as stock for both front and rear.

Users who are viewing this thread