Just tuned my car with the Whipple

BUMPSTICKS

Established Member
Left RET a hour or ago with 589/571 uncorrected and 575/562 corrected. Whipple 16# of boost, 91 octane, Ford GT pumps, upgraded FPDM, and 60's.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTilJtG4SzU]YouTube - Whipple Cobra Tuned at RET[/ame]
Scottgraph.gif

017-2.gif

Thanks to Greg for the tune and letting me use his photo/youtube acct. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

BUMPSTICKS

Established Member
congrats and nice numbers! :beer:

what was your setup/mods when you ran 11.5@120?

2.76 pulley, built solid with 4.10's, bassani headers, full custom exhaust with spintech mufflers, drag launch rear suspension, K member with coilovers, mgw shifter, JLt ram air, 28's on bogarts with skinnies, and a 91 tune from RET.

68gtscode

Established Member
Very nice numbers! Glad to hear everything turned out in the end, despite the initial trouble getting the blower.

Matt

20psirabbit

Established Member
so how's the car feel scott? i haven't had a ride in a whipple car yet, but everybody says it's night and day and that it pulls like a monster on the top. congrats :beer:

SVTBMG

Banned
Very cool. I am about to pull the trigger on a 2.3 I think. What pulley are you running to get 16psi. The 3.5 it comes with I was told gives 15 on a GEN 2. I wanted to run 17-18.

Also I was just trolling on the Vette boards in the ZR1 forum and one of the tuners on there said that SAE is not the right correction to use on a forced induction car and that only Uncorrected is. I wonder what Greg has to say about that.

BUMPSTICKS

Established Member
Very cool. I am about to pull the trigger on a 2.3 I think. What pulley are you running to get 16psi. The 3.5 it comes with I was told gives 15 on a GEN 2. I wanted to run 17-18.

Also I was just trolling on the Vette boards in the ZR1 forum and one of the tuners on there said that SAE is not the right correction to use on a forced induction car and that only Uncorrected is. I wonder what Greg has to say about that.

I use a 3.1 pulley with a stock lower to achieve 16psi. I have bassani mids with no cats and turndowns so there isn't any restrictions to back boost up. I would say if you have full exhaust done, a 4lb lower with the 3.5 whipple upper would give you 17psi.

BTW, Greg says the same thing. The motor doesn't know what sae is. So uncorrected is what the car is making that day. It especially shouldn't apply to fouced inducted cars when we are basically bringing our own air. Sae was meant to even out numbers on N/A cars because they are affected most by climate. Turbo, supercharged, and especially nitrous, are not nearly as affected so the sae table is not correct for these types of induction. Take a blower car to sea level, and then take it to 3,000ft. It will run almost identical.

BUMPSTICKS

Established Member
so how's the car feel scott? i haven't had a ride in a whipple car yet, but everybody says it's night and day and that it pulls like a monster on the top. congrats :beer:

Definately different. The whole car pulls smoother and the top end is definately much stronger. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner.

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
Left RET a hour or ago with 589/571 uncorrected and 575/562 corrected. Whipple 16# of boost, 91 octane, Ford GT pumps, upgraded FPDM, and 60's.

nice!!! i can't wait to get a whipple and have greg tune it :thumbsup:

btw, i love your hood...i'm planning on getting one just like it soon :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread