Just used ICE synth polish and...

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
...noticed that it goes on pretty thin and doesn't seem like it will last very long. Do you guys use a wax on top of the ICE polish to keep it looking deep and shiny? The ICE seemed to put a good shin and some depth to the paint. If you are putting something over it, what do you use? If not, how long does the ICE seem to last before you have to apply it again? My car lives in a garage, but I drive it a couple of times during the week and on the weekends (about 800 miles a month average.) Thanks in advance...

Mikw4

Established Member
I've never used ICE but if its anything like the NXT tech wax it wont last very long. usually when I apply a coat of the NXT i put a coat of vanilla moose wax to keep that shine

danponjican

Established Member
Going on thin is a good thing. Thin coats are always recommended with any sealant/wax. As far as durability... with your car being a garage queen I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most measure durability on cars parked outside. With that type of environment I would expect at least a month or so but it will probably last longer with you being that she sleeps inside.

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
I had some Meguiars carnuba wax in the garage and I put on a coat. That should help it stay shiny for awhile. Thanks all for the help...

4fit?

Established Member
Like Dan said, this coats are a good thing. Always remember, 2 thin coats is far superior to one thick coat.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
I have the Turtle wax synthetic paste polish....is this stuff something i use as a polish or is it a wax? or sealant or what?

ItalianSVT

Established Member
It does not last very long at all. My Cobra is lucky to see 2ooo miles a year and it stays in the garage and never sees rain unless I get caught in it. But it does go on easy and it leaves no white crud everywhere so its tough to argue with it.

EZRIDN

Established Member
I have waxed mine 2 times a month with nothing else over it and have been very happy with it. I have a black stang, and its my DD.

sixt5

Established Member
ice polish sucks! i used it on my boss's blazer today and it went on great. but taking it off was a PITA! i had a regular buffer (im cheap) and it had the wool style pad and i've used it many times before on my own car and works great. but all it done was smear. i ended up going to a microfiber and still i had to work very hard taking it off.

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
sixt5 said:
ice polish sucks! i used it on my boss's blazer today and it went on great. but taking it off was a PITA! i had a regular buffer (im cheap) and it had the wool style pad and i've used it many times before on my own car and works great. but all it done was smear. i ended up going to a microfiber and still i had to work very hard taking it off.

Hmmm, one of the things I liked about it was that it went on and came off easy. Maybe you put it on too thick?

66temp

Established Member
Mikw4 said:
I've never used ICE but if its anything like the NXT tech wax it wont last very long. usually when I apply a coat of the NXT i put a coat of vanilla moose wax to keep that shine
Vanilla Moose Wax contains a light amount of cleaners, and it acts as a very light polish, so whatever protection the NXT initially offers, you just stripped all of that off by applying the VM...VM acts as a glaze, and doesn't really offer too much protection, thats why you should top it with something like Clearkote's Caranuba Moose, or Souveran, P21s, something of that matter....

As for ICE, I've heard some crappy things about it, and I personally would never use it, why not invest in a nice line of products, Clearkote, Jeffs Werkstatt, Collinite, etc, that offers long lasting protection as well as better looks!?

chuckstang

Established Member
I used Ice when I first got my car to wax it and it came out like crap, very greasy and looked terrible.
So I took it to a pro and had a good coat of high quality wax applied and now I used ICE in small amounts after washing and using the instant detail spray stuff for shows, and it really makes for a slippery surface and applies alot better on top of an existing wax IMO.

It is mainly good for plastics though IMO

Does anyone know if it is safe to apply ICE or any other wax on the headlight lenses and stuff like that???? Thanks!

chuckstang

Established Member
sixt5 said:

Yes it is very greasy and tough to remove or I mean buff in or whatever

Users who are viewing this thread