Just want to vent a little!!!

CobraSS

Established Member
I bought my Cobra last Thursday. It had a few small scratches and I noticed the M3 tape was poking out on the spoiler, so the dealer said they would fix it. So I took it home and noticed after only 150 miles on the odometer it has the infamous engine tick and the passenger seat rattles against the door and drives me crazy. So I return it on Monday as agreed. I tell them all of the complaints I have and they listened to the tick and heard it, so they say they will fix everything. They say 2 days max and give me a rental.

I call my sales man yesterday and he said it is still in the body shop and will be put into the service section tomorrow morning and should be ready that (Thursday) afternoon. He says he will call me at 1200 on Thursday to let me know the progress.

Well 1200 comes and goes, so I call at 100 and ask for him......He has the day off! I was like WHAT THE F*CK!!!! So, I call the service department to get an update and it hasn't even left the body shop yet. They had to order a window molding and are waiting for it to come in. I asked why it needed a window molding and the service receptionest couldn't give me an answer. So, I asked her what the estimated time of delivery was on the part and she said whenever it shows up. Then she ask you have a rental right? I'm not paying $500 a month to drive a base model Cavalier! Needless to say I am totally P*ssed off right now. More so at the salesman for not calling me and straight up lieing to me that he would call. Plus the dealer has had my car longer than I have now. I am going to ask them if they plan on making my first months payment seeing as they have had the car longer than me by the time they get done with it. I know they won't, but I need to say something as I am so mad right now.

I am a mechanic myself, so I know things happen and parts need to be ordered, but you should always be honest to the customer and give your best "true" estimate on when the car will be done. So basically I am just venting and complaining because I can't do anything else.

Thanks for listening
Peace

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Just be glad they are TRYING to fix everything instead of giving you the normal for Cobra bull$hit.. Hope you get it back soon. it took a week to repaint my hood after they told me three days so I feel your pain.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Now take a deep breath, and think of all the fun you will have when you finally get it.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
your salesman only knows what he was told.....if it has the tick it will take more then 2 days, and nothing gets done at a body shop in less then a week..... usually they just let you have it untill the head comes in. They may have just found something at the shop like a bad window molding and went ahead and ordered it. The salesman should of said 2 weeks min.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Feel your pain brother. Not on my Cobra but on other cars. Don't know if this will make you feel better but at least ther fixing all the problems and you have an awesome car!

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
From my previous and other peoples experiences, when calling even though you are pissed you dont have your car, I would be polite as possible. It very well could pay off at that dealership when it comes time to take back in for any future work :p . They tend not to go out of their way if your a prick to them or file a complaint with Ford about them :bash: . (<-- my experience)

BAD03SVT

Established Member
yeah at least they are fixing it all, just relax it will be all good when it is done. dont bitch at them or they might not be so inclined to help in the future. be extra nice even though you are pissed and they will be more willing to go out of their way to get it done and help in the future.

CobraSS

Established Member
In my defense I have been completely polite to the people I talk to on the phone. I get the feeling that they acted like I am bothering them (service department). I am just worried about my car. Like I said before I am a mechanic and I concider my car is part of my family (call me silly if you want), it is like a family member being in the hospital and getting surgery. Plus since it hasn't even hit the service department yet, I don't know if they are going to fix everything or not. They may tell me I am hearing things and every one will change their stories about hearing the tick noise. I guess i am just a worry wort. Plus I miss my baby. I am totally addicted to this car even after just 4 days of driving it. Thanks for the comments. Peace

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread