Just wondering about a Ragtop

S3Xy03SVT

Established Member
well i have the chance of picking up an 03 Termi with only 15000 miles on it. But its a convertable....So i was just wondering what the differnce performance wise being a rag top it probl a dumb question:shrug: and also what about convertabls at the track thanx for your imput guys:)

pimpdout98gt

bigdog
Established Member
theres no performance difference other than the small weight gain on the convertible due to the convertible top motor and stuff. plus i think when you have a coupe you want to go faster anyways and the convertible guys want to cruise with the top down so it makes you think the coupe is faster. imo. i have no 1/4 track time, i've never been to one. my fastest 1/8 mile to date was an 8.1 this was an unported eaton with 2.70" and 4 lbs. lower. i know guys who have gone faster than that though.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
no performance difference...i love my vert/rag-top, and im sure you would too!

=]

edit: droppin the top on nice/warm summer night is my absolute fav!

Last edited:

Satyr

Established Member
Rigidity of the coupe is much better....convertible feels a little wobbly at high speeds (this can be remedied with FLSFC and other suspension mods).

Last edited:

S3Xy03SVT

Established Member
Thanx i would probly love it in the summer and im not loking to make a drag car any way. just somthing quick

pony23

Established Member
Love my vert when its nice out in the summer!!

The track is a different story. I won't get through tech without a full roll bar which I don't want. You need it for 13.49 and quicker in a vert .

Montanasvt

Established Member
can't complain about mine... its like 2 different vehicles in one...and its great when you smoke someone with the top down...lol

mysterio

Established Member
Some tracks, like VIR, mandate a roll bar for a vert for track events.

Better check with the track(s) near you for their reg's.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I love my vert.
It is a blast to drive.
I can run mid 10s at the track and do well at the occasional autocross or road race event.
This car surprises a lot of people.
Its a convertible, how fast could it be??

SVT03CobraVert

Established Member
theres no performance difference other than the small weight gain on the convertible due to the convertible top motor and stuff. plus i think when you have a coupe you want to go faster anyways and the convertible guys want to cruise with the top down so it makes you think the coupe is faster. imo. i have no 1/4 track time, i've never been to one. my fastest 1/8 mile to date was an 8.1 this was an unported eaton with 2.70" and 4 lbs. lower. i know guys who have gone faster than that though.

I was running 12.6's when my car was stock So def. have the power.
Now with my mods Im running 11.6's on Radials

Verts are just as powerful as Coupes, just alittle extra weight..Which is why I added alittle shot to the car.

Last edited:

svt2ner

Established Member
I like mine, but I wouldnt think twice trading for a white or sonic blue coupe.

Users who are viewing this thread