Just wondering?

Spade

Established Member
How long does it take to put these TT kits on? Price? and how do they compared to the ProCharger world (time to install, power, drivability)? TT kits seem to make crazy power!!!!!!!!! Thanks.

Spade

TRBO VNM

Spade said:
How long does it take to put these TT kits on? Price? and how do they compared to the ProCharger world (time to install, power, drivability)? TT kits seem to make crazy power!!!!!!!!! Thanks.

Spade

I am not sure about the TT setups. the single doesn't take too long if you can work on it all day. Meaning if you only have a fews hours here and there like I had it will take a while. but if you can dedicate a weekend or two for the install and have another set of hands, a couple weekends should just about do it. I did a fuel system and full suspension at the same time, so it took me a little longer than the norm.

compared to the procharger, turbo will make more power obviously. Turbo you can change boost on the fly in seconds if the tune is safe for higher boost levels. less stress on the motor, same power at lower boost levels so it is "safer" for the car. but we all know the boost will get turned up quickly. I change from 10-15# on the street all the time. over 15 at the track.
pricing, I can't speak for the TT's. My single was about 8500 with everything I did including fuel system, rear coil overs, boost controller, etc. Let me know if you are interested in going single.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
my kit from turbohorsepower was $7200 after deletes, I already had a return fuel system installed though $$$$.

It will be a longer install than a procharger by about 40% due to hot side pipes.

It will make more power due to turbo efficiency without the hassle of belt sizes, belt slip, belt dust.
20147-thp-kit-pics-of-turbos-and-intercooler-turbos-003.jpg

Driveability, depends on the size turbo and design of the kit.

So far with the base sized turbos for twins, 50's and 57's no one has complained about driveability. There are a bunch of twin 67 monster in the works right now, have to see about those. A couple THP 67 and HP 67's are weeks away from firing up. blko4cobra1 is an HP67 kit, watch his results.

For singles, the hellion kit is getting raves and putting down great numbers. There is another newcomer, CPE offering 76, 80 and 88mm jumbos. Will have running cars very soon.

Induction Concepts will have a twin kit ready in "two weeks"

Here is what my twin 57 turbohorsepower kit should look like when finished;
19974-a-few-thp-kit-pics-scratchy-color.jpg

TRBO VNM

postban said:
snip
Induction Concepts will have a twin kit ready in "two weeks"

:lol:

yeah, forgot to mention the added benefits of turbo, no pulley required to spin the blower. you will gain 100+ rwhp/rwtq by just adding a turbo. I gained more than that at stock boost. I made like 470 something rwhp and 490 something torq at 10#. you aren't using the engine to spin the turbo. I lot of power to be had from just that.

also, they run cooler. IAT's I see in the low 100's and if I sit and idle it cools very fast into the 80's and 90's. very efficient.

I am also a strong believer in ball bearing. less spool up time and no boost loss between shifts.

Spade

Established Member
What kit makes better/easier power the twin or single? I know that sounds like a stupid question, but with the Supra guys alot get rid of the twin and good single. One of the local guys with a Supra said it's easier to tune and it makes better power. Is that the same with Cobra? Whats the advantages or disadvantages with going twin over single? or single over twin?

I never really thought about the power lose with a blower over a turbo due to the pulley set up, but it make sense.

Spade

BTW, POSTBAN that kit looks AWSOME!!!!!! You'll have to make a vid when your done.

Forgive me my fingers are not working right this morning. Had a long shift lastnight. Midnights SUCK!!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
One huge advantage I see of twins over a single is each of the twin hair dryers can be much smaller than the single turbo to flow the same amount of air. That results in much quicker spool up times....thus eliminating lag, a huge problem for turbo cars. Once you have a handle on that, it's all down hill. Remember, the engine makes a certain amount of power from boost...and it has no idea whether you're using turbos or a blower. But the blower takes a LOT of horsepower to turn. A turbo has no parasitic drag. You get all the horsepower out the back of the engine instead of being used up to turn the blower...centrifugal or otherwise.

TRBO VNM

you can make the same power with a single as you can with twins. It just depends on the sizes you are comparing. Then as stated you would need to look into lag. however, with the kits "currently" available to purchase, I don't think you will find a big difference in lag between the singles and twins.

I think a lot of people get too wrapped up in "I need the kit that makes the most power". Ok, so how much of that power is really going to be used on the street effectively? And if you go to the track, is your car really ready to take the beating of that kind of power? How fast do you really want to do and do you need all that power for it? These are things you should think about when looking at kits and what your goals are for the car.

Personally, I don't need 1000+ rwhp. The hellion kit has gone 9's. how much faster do you really want to go on a daily driver? If you have just a track car, then their are other things you need to look at. I want to be able to drive to the track, run mid to low 10's and drive home. I should be able to do that fairly easy with this kit. Any of the other kits can do it as well.

If the car is a daily or can be daily driver with track visits, you probably won't be running much more than 13-15# on the street. I can't keep the car straight with that boost. I would have to start using DR's as daily driven tires and I am not ready to do that.

other things you should consider is the ease/difficulty of install and what is required. Some require cutting, others don't. Some are ready for shipping, others are made when you place your order.

anyway, just some food for thought.

BTW, at 9.5# I made like 470rwhp and 498rwtq, 17* of timing. also my BAP was accidentally all the way up to 50%.

what would it take an eaton to make those numbers?

Last edited:

Cobrastruk04

@ 9psi on a mustang dyno i made 440RWHP & 471RWTQ
add 10% and thats what my car would make on a dynojet!
Turbo is the way ford should have gone but its alos way more expensive for the factory.
i hit full boost at 3k. lag is not an issue on my car!!

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I should have my kit in a few days. Everything finally done, jet hot finished, customer boxes done. I ordered the hp twin 57 kit. I plan on dedicating all day for 5 days straight with 2 friends helping to get this kit started and finished. Seem logical? I just can't forsee it even taking 5 days. I've been building and racing mustangs for years and this to me from pics and posts i've read seems like a 3 day all day task. Day 1 removal of eaton and all hardware and accessories and 01 intake in place. Day 2 k member out turbo headers on and all tubing loose fitted into place. Day 3 tighten check check triple check and concentrate on electronics and start car. How out of the box does this sound for 3 former mechanics to complete in 5 days?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
BayareaCob04 said:
@ 9psi on a mustang dyno i made 440RWHP & 471RWTQ
add 10% and thats what my car would make on a dynojet!
Turbo is the way ford should have gone but its alos way more expensive for the factory.
i hit full boost at 3k. lag is not an issue on my car!!

Nice torque numbers! but I would not be claiming 10% bump for an MD. You got good numbers without having to do that. Only way to get DJ numbers is run it on one, no conversion is consistent.

Are you gonna turn it up?

TRBO VNM

yeah Dev, these guys that try to claim percentages are just trying to inflate numbers and crap. I know you aren't but some just feel the need to post up, well it would make this if it was on a dynojet. anyway, good numbers and can't wait to see a little more out of it. try one of those other catbacks I mentioned to tone it down a bit.

Cobrastruk04

TRBO VNM said:
yeah Dev, these guys that try to claim percentages are just trying to inflate numbers and crap. I know you aren't but some just feel the need to post up, well it would make this if it was on a dynojet. anyway, good numbers and can't wait to see a little more out of it. try one of those other catbacks I mentioned to tone it down a bit.
Thanks Jason. Im not trying to claim anymore on the numbers just felt like saying that ahead of time incase someone thought the numbers were low.

Yes im going to turn it up. i have to break in the clutch frist Spec can be touchy some times. were looking for around 18-20PSI at most and one run on 22PSI so john can see what the T66 can do. were hoping for 700+ RWHP so we'll see
Devon

TRBO VNM

BayareaCob04 said:
Thanks Jason. Im not trying to claim anymore on the numbers just felt like saying that ahead of time incase someone thought the numbers were low.

Yes im going to turn it up. i have to break in the clutch frist Spec can be touchy some times. were looking for around 18-20PSI at most and one run on 22PSI so john can see what the T66 can do. were hoping for 700+ RWHP so we'll see
Devon

awesome Devon. let me know hwo things turn out.

what did you end up doing with the IAT2/Map sensor?

HellionCobra

More to come!
Established Member
0mineralgrey3 said:
I should have my kit in a few days. Everything finally done, jet hot finished, customer boxes done. I ordered the hp twin 57 kit. I plan on dedicating all day for 5 days straight with 2 friends helping to get this kit started and finished. Seem logical? I just can't forsee it even taking 5 days. I've been building and racing mustangs for years and this to me from pics and posts i've read seems like a 3 day all day task. Day 1 removal of eaton and all hardware and accessories and 01 intake in place. Day 2 k member out turbo headers on and all tubing loose fitted into place. Day 3 tighten check check triple check and concentrate on electronics and start car. How out of the box does this sound for 3 former mechanics to complete in 5 days?

definetly doable, but only if you get all/have all of the pieces.

Nate

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Yeah i'm going to mock the kit up in my office before i start tearing into the car. I planned on starting next weekend but i forgot about mardi gras down here so party first work later.

Users who are viewing this thread