K-member...... waste of money or no??

mers1083

Established Member
i am thinking about doing front suspension and K-memeber. I want front coil overs for sure but i don't know about the K-memeber. I do drag race alot so let me know what you all think.

Thanks
Paul

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
If you're worried about weight savings to that extent to spend an entire day changing it... Go for it.

Otherwise, if you don't open track or are installing turbos of some sort, keep it stock. No reason to spend that much money on labor and parts when you can get a nice shot of nitrous or a smaller pulley.... Just a thought....

WDW MKR

Established Member
DKS2814V said:
If you're worried about weight savings to that extent to spend an entire day changing it... Go for it.

Otherwise, if you don't open track or are installing turbos of some sort, keep it stock. No reason to spend that much money on labor and parts when you can get a nice shot of nitrous or a smaller pulley.... Just a thought....

Good points, but "freeing" up horsepower by taking load off the car is much better than just adding more power. The car will handle better, the motor won't have to work so hard, and your ET will drop w/out actually increasing power. It's a large time and money investment, but pulls weight from the heavy front and improves handling.

svt1.8t

JDM BUILT BADASS
Established Member
thats my next mod, but i'm doing the qa1 complete front suspension which includes tubular k-member, a-arms, front coil-over struts and springs and cc plates, but also at same time doing the stage 3 cams. i think its worth it

mers1083

Established Member
svt1.8t said:
thats my next mod, but i'm doing the qa1 complete front suspension which includes tubular k-member, a-arms, front coil-over struts and springs and cc plates, but also at same time doing the stage 3 cams. i think its worth it
I was going to do that same setup but i know someone that had the QA1's and they said they were noisy and they took off there coil over's.

mers1083

Established Member
svt1.8t said:
a friend has the qa1 set-up on his gt and he has no problems, been on for a year and daily driven
Oh wow! who knows then. How does he like the setup???

BenD

Established Member
Think twice about it!

mers1083 said:
i am thinking about doing front suspension and K-memeber. I want front coil overs for sure but i don't know about the K-memeber. I do drag race alot so let me know what you all think.

Thanks
Paul

K-Members do change the handling characteristics for the better and reduce the car's weight by as much as 50 lbs., but there are issues that can make you wish that you never did it. If I had it to do over...I WOULDN'T!

Users who are viewing this thread