K Member

rtvickers

Established Member
Looking for opinions on k members. In the future I'm planning on doing longtubes and I want to do a k member and control arms. So what are you guys using and is there any header issues with any specific brands on headers or k members?

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
I've ran both the team z and upr...... UPR fits waaaaay better and provided even more room for my 1-7/8 long tubes.

D-MANN

Established Member
I have UPR with spring perches. Im using H&R sport springs. Its a nice combo for the street. I had UPR coil over setup before but didnt feel comfortable running C/O on the street. Our roads are to rough the strain on the strut towers had me worried so I went to perches after less than 300 miles on C/O. This winter I might change the K member out for the Steeda unit. Its expensive but with spring perches,longtube headers and a street driven cobra I think its the best one going.Steeda K member looks like a well built unit. Apparently 2 1/2 years of testing was done. It provides bit of weight savings and better header clearance than stock but retains the strength of stock unit. Give it a good look at. If your going C/O then get the MM stuff with strut tower brace for the street. Bit more money but way worth it.

Last edited:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I am running a UPR K with the control arms and coil overs and love it. Only slight issue is that not all oil filters will clear. I dont think the Motorcraft or Wix filters will fit that were designed for our cars. The Amsoil, SuperTech and AC Delco filters will fit fine. I actually run a Wix filter for a LS1. Its pretty small but it flows just as much as the bigger ones. UPR is one of the cheapest in terms of price but they are tough!!

Users who are viewing this thread