K Member!

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Yep I'm getting antsy ;-)

Wanting input from you guys about K members. I want to know which has been the most used and best lived. I don't want to buy a $200.00 K member and have to swap it every year. I'm looking for a good part that will last, but will also drop the weight.

SSRDOHC

Established Member
For my Cobra I went with the AJE (800-877-7233). And since I don't know anyone else who has a Mod car, it took 3 orders to get it right. And in no way was it Mr. Jones's fault. At first I just ordered the regular K-member with spring perches and tubular control arms. My advice, DO NOT EXPECT TO USE YOUR ORIGINAL SPRINGS!! After jacking around with the springs until 5 AM we realized it aint going together. So after a call to Granatelli and a conversation with Mark Luten (the guy with the cool mod-motor tensioner) I got the coil-over kit, bump steer kit, and street spring set up, then to Steeda for their c/c plates (D&D don't fit the SN-95). After that was all done (3 days before FFW Norwolk), even with offset rack bushing turned upside down, the rack still hit the Canton oil pan. Only after a few washers in the motor mounts did it clear eneough to slide a piece of paper between them. After talking with AJE he made one with a 1 1/2 droped rack mount. This one is beautiful, no offset rack bushings, level tie-rods with the bump-steer kit, fits perfect. Oh yeah the powder coated all parts white.

kwiksnake

Established Member
Have a friend that has a ground pounder k member and has had no troubles. Maximum motorsports is making a new one now too, as is Kenny Brown. They are normally two very reliable sources.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I've seen a few 99+ guys withthe ground pounder K member. I haven't heard any complaints from them either. The Griggs unit is awesome, but I'm looking for more weight savings than the 40 pounds they and Kenny Brown are claiming. With A arms, coil overs, and K member I'm trying to drop as close to 100 pounds as possible, if not more. ;-) Still keeping a streetable car also. :D Going from this the Ground Pounder setup looks like the winner so far, unless someone can beat their price and keep same weights.

SSRSVT1

Posting pictures for SSRDOHC

Sorry for the Late response, had to get the server running right first. Here's the pictures of the AJE K-Member. If you want some other pics let us know, now it'll only take a few minutes to post.

97kfrnt.jpg
97kside1.jpg
97kside2.jpg
97kback.jpg

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
You know I was just thinking the same thing. I also think a chrome-moly unit would be very nice too. I'm holding on a CM unit right now, waiting for the rest of my goodies to do the entire install. ;-) That whit does look very good under there SSR. Not to mention that whopper of an oil pan.

Users who are viewing this thread